Sorry, this job has expired!
Pensions Administrator / Pensions Casework
Job Title: Pensions Administrator – Level 3
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience)
Position: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Have you got pensions administration experience?
Do you have experience of working to deadline and achieving monthly performance targets?
The Company is looking to appoint a pension administrator to the Complex Casework team who has proven experience of working in a defined benefits pension’s environment. You will be part of a team of staff providing a professional pension service within ‘Your Pension Service’.
You will need to demonstrate a proven ability to interpret and apply complex pension’s regulations and the ability to work accurately to deadlines, along with ability to use systems and processes relevant to pension and payroll administration.
Candidates must also have excellent written and oral communication skills. In addition you need to be a motivated and confident individual who has the ability/experience to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team.
- To process and check a wide range of complex pensions case work including, but not restricted to, all aspects of casework relating to ‘Blue Light’ schemes administered by the Company; the calculation of death benefits, benefit recalculations and compliance checks in respect of HMRC allowances
- Dealing with stage one appeals in respect of the schemes administered by the Company
- To respond to member correspondence relating to the work undertaken within the level 3 Casework Team, again ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in these areas
- Ensuring that service level targets and deadlines are met in respect the areas of casework undertaken by the Level 3 Casework Team and that all work is carried out in a timely and accurate manner
- To have a good understanding of current regulations and overriding legislation and to actively maintain an up to date knowledge
- To recognise and support continuous improvement in casework working practices, processes and procedures, assisting the Team Leader to improve and maintain the integrity and accuracy of the pensions administration system.
- To support service provision as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post
- Liaise with clients, customers and third parties maintaining good relationships and obtaining information in respect of the work undertaken on the Level 3 Casework Team
- Treat information security with the upmost respect, dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential information within Service protocol/guidelines
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Significant practical working experience in a pension administration role
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective team player, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, working flexibly, whilst at all times developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole
- Proven ability to undertake detailed mathematical calculations accurately
- Ability to use systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- Demonstrable ability to work accurately and to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of legislation, regulation, conditions, software, systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- Ability to use Excel and Word to a good standard
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex issues, possessing excellent communication skills
- Commitment to providing a good customer service at all times
- Demonstrable ability to apply and interpret complex regulations, relevant to the casework undertaken on the Level 3 Casework team
- Maintain an understanding and actively support the Company’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives, including maintaining an understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda and embedding good practice
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
- A recognised pension administration qualification (or working towards) would be desirable
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor, Client Services Executive, Customer Service Executive, Pension Administration Caseworker, Business Support, Financial Services Administrator, Financial Services Support, Financial Services Caseworker may also be considered for this position.