Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job type: Full Time – Permanent.
Acorn waste management are a busy Waste Management Company based in Upton Magna, Shrewsbury looking for a driven and trustworthy procurement assistant to work in fast-paced environment. This will be an integral role within the organisation.
You will also be asked to respond promptly to customer enquiries, provide quotations and place / process orders. You must have the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure whilst maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times. You must have excellent communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advice client’s clearly and to liaise effectively at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Price jobs in accordance with client requirements.
- High level of customer service.
- Sharp negotiation skills.
- Create new business and increase current business.
- Deal with queries from the Customer Care and Accounts Teams.
- Liaise internally and externally to resolve Invoice Queries.
- Ensure that job specific information is relayed to Service Providers prior to quoting / booking.
- Confirm initial bookings to Customer Care team.
- Admin support to the department.
- Manage the Purchasing department inbox.
- Maintain supplier database.
- Assist with supply chain management.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a purchasing role, would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience within the waste management sector would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience in liaising with suppliers
- Attention to detail is a key requirement.
- A basic level of computer literacy is required; however, training will be provided for specialist roles.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely.
- You will need to be able to drive as we are in a rural area and public transport is limited.
Position is full time based on 40-hour week with a requirement of one Saturday morning in four after initial training.
Salary and Holidays will be discussed at interview stage.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with Experience and previous titles of; Procurement Officer, IT Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Purchasing, Supply Chain Coordinator, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, IT Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Buyer, Purchaser may also be considered for this role.