Sorry, this job has expired!
Procurement Business Manager / Project Manager – Council
£47337 - £51924 per annum
Job Title: Procurement Business Manager
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £47,337- £51,924 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 16th January 2019
The Council’s Procurement Service is at the heart of a progressive Council, which is committed to serving the people and communities of Walsall. They are now seeking to recruit a number of highly motivated, committed, ambitious and experienced procurement professionals to fill a range of roles.
Their vacancies have arisen as a result of investment to expand the role of the procurement service to operate strategically, enabling the Council to put the right things in place to meet customer needs and outcomes, in a manner that reduces waste, maximises efficiency and delivers value for money and savings across the Council.
Through the deployment of excellent interpersonal skills, sound operational management, effective and efficient planning and extensive procurement knowledge and experience, you will assist the Head of Service in the delivery of a modern, resilient, high quality customer focused procurement service that supports delivery of the Councils Corporate objectives, to the highest possible professional standards.
- Significant experience in a senior position of successfully delivering procurement and programme management in a large complex organisation
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering strategic procurement projects, in accordance with European Union (EU) Legislation and Public Contract Regulations, as part of a cross functional team, on time, in a complex and challenging environment
- Understanding of governance and risk management of major projects
- Extensive, knowledge of the Law relating to Procurement
- Experience of analysing complex financial and procurement related data to identify and opportunities and generate for improved procurement
- Experience of developing and implementing procurement strategies
- Experience of successfully deploying procurement best practice to reduce waste, improve effectiveness and generate efficiency
- Experience of matrix management, managing people and resources
- Experience of managing change internally and with partners
- Degree or equivalent and Professional Diploma for CIPS or willingness to work towards
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering (for this role) a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all their employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for their staff and customers – they aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities they serve
For this role the successful candidate must undergo a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. BPSS is the minimum standard to ensure the identity and integrity of an employee who has access to official information using secure networks linking central government and local authorities. A BPSS check involves four main elements; Identity Check, National and Immigration Status, Employment History (last 3 years) and Verification of Criminal Record (unspent convictions only).
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Supply Chain Manager, Distribution Manager, Senior Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Programme Manager, Supply Chain Planner, Buying Project Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Head of Procurement, Senior Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Assistant Procurement Officer, Buying Executive, Procurement Officer, Purchasing and Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Stock Coordinator, Stock Purchaser, Quality Assurance, Commercial Buyer, Commercial Purchaser, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Agent, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement and Buyer may also be considered for this role.