Sorry, this job has expired!
Procurement Category Manager – Workshop / Bodyshop Parts
Up to £60000 per annum + benefits
Job Title: Procurement Category Manager – Workshop / Bodyshop Parts
Location: Based in the North West (Ellesmere Port or Northwich)
Salary: up to £60,000 depending on experience + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced procurement professional with experience working within a workshop / accident repair environment to join the procurement team as a senior team member here at ReddeNorthgate.
To procure vehicle parts and other goods and services associated with our Workshop and Accident Repair sites to ensure an efficient supply as required to fulfil the “just in time” requirements.
The role will be part of a Group Procurement function but will predominantly be responsible for the supply of parts, paint, and consumables into the FMG Repair Services and Northgate Vehicle Hire businesses.
Responsibilities will include; tendering, negotiating and setting up supply agreements and managing supplier performance in a Category Management approach.
Key responsibilities and duties
- To ensure the “just in time” supply of parts, paint and consumables across a wide range of car and commercial vehicle makes and models as required by a national accident repair business
- To ensure parts and paint are secured at sufficient discounts to assist the profitable operation of the FMG Repair Services business
- To run RFP/tender processes, analyse responses with stakeholders, submit costed proposals and ensure a smooth transition to suppliers
- To apply category product and service expertise through market knowledge and internal analysis, to optimise products and services utilised within the business
- Advise and recommend on the appropriate commercial strategy to ensure that services are appropriately procured
- Execute sourcing strategy in line with best practice and needs of the business
- To manage suppliers, set up reporting and KPIs and ensure that the service received matches or exceed the requirements of our business
- To assist in making the process between order and payment effective and efficient
- To develop strong and effective internal and external relationships
- To ensure compliance with Group policy and external requirements as appropriate and in relation to the role
- Excellent industry knowledge of both vehicle mechanical and crash repair parts and the UK supply chain.
- At least 3 years Procurement experience in the relevant field
- Strong and successful track record of parts procurement
- Strong vehicle / manufacturer knowledge
- Good IT skills and regular user of Excel
- A proactive “can do” approach
- Good team player, flexible and effective support to colleagues
- Effective persuasion and influencing skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Valid Driving Licence
- Working legal knowledge of supply contracts
- Currently operating within a similar role
- Relevant contacts within the Vehicle Manufacturers and Aftermarket Suppliers
- MCIPS – or working towards
If you are interested in this opportunity and hold the relevant skills please apply today for immediate consideration
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Lead Procurement Officer, Senior Procurement Advisor, Purchasing manager, Vehicle Repair Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Purchasing, Supply Chain Lead, Procurement Executive, Lead Buyer, Supply Chain Manager, Purchaser may also be considered for this role.