Sorry, this job has expired!
Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager
Job Title: Procurement and Supplier Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This independent company delivers Telecommunications services across Mobile, Fixed and Optical Networks. They use a proven delivery model that operates globally in partnership with a leading telecoms company.
Their expertise lies in the implementation of E2E delivery services in all sectors of the telecommunications industry, specialising in mobile, fixed and optical networks. Drawing on extensive experience and knowledge in large scale multivendor environments to deliver high quality projects and solutions that satisfy their customers and importantly their end user.
Purchases goods and services for the Company. Ensures the company obtains quality products and services for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Plays an integral role in ensuring the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assesses total costs of company purchases
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods and services and maintaining stock levels
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce their overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Coordinate deliveries
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key company employees to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Data analysis
- Superior organisational skills
- Understanding of supply chain management procedures
- Strategic planning abilities
- Telecomms industry knowledge
- Knowledge and practical experience of contract drafting, contract law and commercial terms and conditions
- CIPS qualified (or equivalent) or working towards preferred
- Proven understanding of financial management relating to programmes and projects
- Previous experience of working in a pre-sales team and responding to RFQ requests
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Procurement Officer, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Manager, Purchasing, Supply Chain Coordinator, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Operations, Assistant Procurement Executive, Procurement Admin, Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Buyer, Purchaser may also be considered for this role.