Sorry, this job has expired!
Product Manager / Product Development Manager
Job Title: Product Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 26th April 2019
The Company is an award-winning UK manufacturer and one of the fastest growing brands in the central heating industry. Their success is built on innovation and quality products and they are now looking to hire a Product Manager to join their team.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, the successful candidate will have the satisfaction of joining an ambitious and high growth International Company.
Purpose of the Role:
As Product Manager you will be responsible for increasing the profitability of existing products and developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on research and contact with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You will define product requirements and identify development partners, working with them to develop new products. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers. You must be willing to travel to customer and non-customer sites, this may require overseas travel.
- Develop and maintain a Product Vision for your products and ensure this is communicated and understood by the business
- Define the product strategy and roadmap and manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Identify and manage product requirements, including feedback from sales and customers
- Identify development partners and work with them to bring new products to market
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Be the recognised expert in the business on your product, the market, relevant technology and the competition
- Evangelise your products internally and externally
- Develop core positioning and messaging for the product and work with the marketing team to build and deliver a product marketing plan for existing products and new product launches
- Perform product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients
- Monitor, report and improve product performance
- Run field testing programs
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition to sales and marketing teams, providing sales tools, briefings, updates and training
- Represent the voice of the customer internally
- Future gaze – look for new and future trends in the market to ensure your product is the market leader and to identify new opportunities
- Lead the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives
- Support the project manager to deliver the cross-functional implementation plan
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have three years minimum experience as a product manager.
- Demonstrate experience managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
- Have experience in working in a fast paced, expanding company
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have strong focus on commercials and customer
- Drive results and continuous improvement
- Be a problem solver
- Be an effective communicator at all levels
- Have the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Be diplomatic
- Have attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork skills
- Have proven ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrate strong work ethic
- Be assertive
- Be able to travel if required
Experience within a global operation, knowledge of the Heating industry and Project Management experience are desirable although not essential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: This vacancy may close early if they receive a particularly high volume of applications. If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, do not delay.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications, not always is possible reply personally, with a detailed response on every occasion. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application, please assume that it has not been successful at this time.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and they welcome all applications.
No agencies please.
Candidates with experience of: Product Development Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, Product Development Coordinator, Senior Product Manager, Product Manager, Product Coordinator, Commercial Project Manager, Production Planner, Project Planner, Production Planning Manager, Senior Marketing Product Manager, Product Market Strategist may also be considered for this role.