Sorry, this job has expired!
Programme Manager – Cyber Security and Central Government
£30000 - £39000 per annum
Job Title: Programme Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £39,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Do you have a strong interest in cyber security, innovation and the central government?
If so, they want to hear from you! This challenging and wide-ranging position provides an opportunity to work with senior level representatives from industry and Government to support the development and implementation of a challenging agenda.
This non-profit Technology Organisation represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. Around 850 companies are members of the Organisation.
Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of the members are small and medium-sized businesses.
The role will encompass the support and development of market engagement activity across both programmes. This role would be perfect for an articulate and enthusiastic learner, with the ability to support the development of new policy and the delivery of projects and events.
- Present them as the voice of the technology industry to Government Departments and key stakeholders, whilst building new relationships and furthering programme priorities
- Support the development, implementation and communication of their activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members
- Lead the development, implementation and management of projects, white papers, workshops, and events that aim to resolve shared challenges between the cyber security industry and the wider economy
- Lead the set-up and execution of programme events, briefings and meetings
- Promote their activities through insights, opinions, social media activities and PR activities
- Liaise with other teams to identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes within the company
- Support the work of various relevant committees and other relevant forums, maintaining liaison with group members
- Deputise for the Head of Programme in their absence
- Any other duties that might from time to time be required by the Head of Programme and the leadership team
- Strong interest in cyber security, innovation, and the UK tech industry
- Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and comfortable working with senior individuals in industry Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Strong understanding of the UK Cyber Security landscape, including knowledge of the Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy and its implications for the wider economy
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Government and higher education tech sectors, public sector procurement landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies
- Good high-level knowledge of technology and workings of the technology sector
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the public sector tech market
- Understand the economic, social and political environment, members’ business sectors and business models, stakeholders and their drivers;
- A self-motivated individual with a positive can-do approach who is comfortable working with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and policy information effectively to a range of audiences
- Comfortable with public speaking
- A team player
- Have capability to use the tools and technologies they provides; including but not limited to Microsoft Office, CRM, mobile and home working software, web tools and social media
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension, healthcare and life insurance plan upon successful probation
Interviews will take place virtually due to COVID-19.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Central Government Programmes, based at the Organisation’s London offices. This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Emergency Services Policy Manager, Justice Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager may also be considered for this role.