Sorry, this job has expired!
Programme Manager / Policy Manager – Central Government
£30000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
Job Title: Programme Manager – Central Government
Salary: £30,000 – £38,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This non-profit Technology Organisation represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. Around 850 companies are members of the Organisation. Collectively they employ approximately 700,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of the members are small and medium-sized businesses.
The Organisation’s Central Government Programme represents the supplier community to the public sector, and aims to lead debate on new technologies, optimise use of existing capabilities and provide a forum for central government departments to engage with industry. The programme represents the views of the member companies working with a range of government departments and agencies to transform the delivery of public and private services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Central Government Programme, reporting to the Programme Head. The position requires the ability to work on a large range of activities, from high profile projects to everyday administrative tasks. You can expect to engage with senior officials from across the central government departments and arms-length bodies.
The Programme helps members by:
- Developing markets – by providing a platform for pre-procurement engagement and leading the debate on how new tech can transform public service delivery
- Developing networks – bringing together our members with stakeholders across Whitehall
- Reducing business costs & risks – by campaigning for smarter procurement mechanisms to reduce the costs and risks associated with supplying to the public sector
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable leading several projects
- A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams across the Organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills and good at building relationships
- Has a can-do approach and comfortable working in a high pressure, fast paced environment with competing demands
- A flexible and pro-active approach relating to any other duties that may be required to support the wider programme activities and team
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively to a range of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of public policy and public affairs
- Experience of writing reports, briefing notes, and responding to public sector consultations
- Has a proven track record and experience of building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- A proven track record of managing events ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the public sector tech market
- An understanding of public sector procurement
- Strong interest in the UK tech sector and our mission to make the UK good for tech, make tech good for the UK and make tech good for people
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Central Government Programmes, based at the Organisation’s London offices. This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role. Cover letters must be kept to a max. of 500 words.
Candidates with experience of; Public Affairs, Policy Manager, Senior Policy Manager, Policy Adviser, Senior Policy Adviser, Local Council Policy Manager, Emergency Services Policy Manager, Justice Policy Manager, Non-Profit Programme Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, ICT Programme Manager, Technology Programme Manager, Technical Programme Manager, Technology Implementation Manager, ICT Business Programme Manager may also be considered for this role.