Programme Manager / Transformation Manager – Local Council
£44190 - £49448 per annum + excellent employee benefits
Job Title: Transformation Programme Manager
Location: Walsall Borough
Salary: £44,190 – £49,448 per annum (plus excellent employee benefits)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
The Council is transforming how it works. Developing technologies, customer expectations and external budget pressures mean they need to modernise and rethink how they deliver their services.
Their commitment to change runs through every level of their organisation, leading the way forward is their Chief Executive. The programme they are building is far reaching and council wide, and this is an excellent opportunity to be part of it.
Over recent months they have worked to establish an ambitious Council wide transformation programme of change.
Now they need YOU!
They are recruiting a Programme Manager to join their Corporate Transformation Team, tasked with delivering services fit for the future.
- Within the context of the council’s Transformation Programme, be responsible for the design, development and successful delivery of large scale, cross cutting and complex projects which contribute to measurable benefits and outcomes
- Focus on delivering new and innovative digital capabilities, which facilitate customer interaction and potentially change the way that staff in all service areas across the council use technology for service delivery
- Work within the Transformation Programme to ensure that there is alignment of change programmes and technical solutions to business needs
- Responsible for managing all resources within the defined programme of work including technical and professional staff, project managers, IT related assets and budgets as well as leadership best practice to the multi-disciplinary teams of resources
- Ensuring that appropriate governance and stakeholder management is implemented to support the decision making responsibilities of the programme and project sponsors and executives
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the Transformation Programme team to ensure that digital programmes underpin the transformation activity
- Prepare, develop and present complex and robust business change business cases
- Work effectively as a senior member of the Transformation Programme Management Office to contribute to the overall service delivery and awareness of digital change across the council
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture and Security, Technical Services and Customer and Commercial Teams in the design and delivery into service of any change programmes.
- Apply industry standard business change tools and techniques ensuring that appropriate and auditable documentation is maintained for all projects to evidence progress, budget and risk management
- Performance management and undertaking supervision of resources seconded to the programme
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or proven equivalent knowledge gained through significant professional experience
- Industry standard qualification in programme or project management
- Successful track record of designing, planning and delivering technological transformational change initiatives in a large complex organisation in an agile environment
- Successful leadership of digital change programmes comprising of multidisciplinary technical and professional resources delivering complex programmes of work
- Excellent communication skills with the capability to deal with people at all levels, to facilitate engagement with transformational activity
- Lead the development and delivery of digital programmes of change with evidence of supporting strategic corporate priorities
- Communicate innovative digital options and solutions effectively to a wide range of stakeholders
- Process large quantities of data and information in order to build integrated and robust business cases and programme plans
What they can offer:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 28 days leave per year plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for all staff and customers
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of: Strategic Programme Manager, Programme Manager, Government Project Manager, Public Sector Programme Management, Technical Change Manager, IT Transformation Manger, Technology Transformation Manager, Technical Team Manager, Public Sector Services Manager, Technical Transformation Manager, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Lead, Technology Implementation Manager, Transformation Manager, IT Project Manager, Business Transformation Manager, Business Projects Manager, Public Sector Project Management, Local Council Project Manager, Council Project Officer may also be considered for this role.