Sorry, this job has expired!
Project Engineer (Gas Storage)
£52000 - £63000 per annum
Job Title: Lead Engineer – Control and Instrumentation
Location: Byley, Cheshire
Salary: £52,000 – £63,000 depending on experience.
Job Type: Full Time
Holford Gas Storage Ltd is a fast churn natural gas storage facility situated near Middlwich, Cheshire
Capable of meeting the typical daily demand of around three million UK homes, it is a key part of the UK energy infrastructure. This highly automated and modern facility can respond rapidly to the changing demands for natural gas in the UK.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Control and Instrumentation Engineer to join our highly skilled Engineering and Maintenance team. This is a key role within the business to ensure continued high levels of safety and reliability of the facility. The role holder will lead on the functional safety standards expected on an upper tier COMAH facility.
Main responsibilities include:
- The implementation and delivery of the site’s engineering and maintenance strategy for Control and Instrument systems to ensure the long term engineering health, integrity and performance of the asset, in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner.
- Development and delivery of long term plans for area of responsibility to ensure strategies are achieved and ensure engineering integrity and compliance.
- Providing Functional Safety Engineering competence for the business.
- Providing the lead on DSEAR compliance for the business
- Providing long term sustainable solutions that reduce short term engineering issues;
- Provide proactive and timely engineering advice and solutions to relevant parties, consulting Uniper and external bodies where required; undertake detailed evaluation of engineering findings as required
- Taking ownership of issues through to implementation of solutions. Own, analyse and solve plant maintenance and engineering problems by applying detailed knowledge and broad based experience complemented by a functional understanding of the gas storage process
- Leading on emergent maintenance in area of expertise – from fault finding through to effective and efficient remedial repairs / solutions
- Financial management of projects and contracts in the Control and Instrument area.
- Manage the design, delivery and completion of technically complex projects.
- Maintaining and improving professional engineering knowledge, developing professional relationships and networks to seek and implement best practice if required.
- To become part of the Duty Manager rota as required for emergency, technical and commercial issues.
- Engineering HNC/HND level qualification or above with extensive knowledge, skills and experience in management of control and instrument systems on a high hazard site
- Can work effectively in a high performing team
- Can react to day to day unplanned or short term maintenance events and develop longer term engineering strategies to support future objectives.
- The ability to adapt and have a flexible approach to take on additional activities within your capability
- Has sound financial and commercial awareness with a proven ability to manage budgets.
- Has an understanding of gas storage operations
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver projects to time, cost & quality
- Has an extensive understanding of health and safety and environmental legislation and knowledge of the requirements of COMAH.
- Has proven ability to engage and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- COMPEX qualified for maintenance activities
- Experience with Low Voltage (LV) systems is desirable but not a pre-requisite
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: industrial Engineer, functional Safety, COMAH, Control and Instrument apprentiship may also be considered for this role.