Sorry, this job has expired!
Purchasing Coordinator / Procurement Coordinator
Up to £30000 per annum
Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 with additional benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 21st November 2019
The Company are a growing worldwide technical distribution company based in their new Head Office in Shefford, Bedfordshire.
With over 50 years experience in the Defence, Aerospace, Food processing, Medical Equipment & Devices, Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Motorsport, Automotive, Logistics & General Manufacturing.
They’re looking for an experienced full time Purchasing Co-ordinator to manage the purchasing for standard and customer specific items.
- Manage supplier, ordering process and negotiation
- Ensure that the inventory is managed for those lines falling under your responsibility, both through the procurement process and the discontinuation process
- To prioritise and maximise cost effective shipments and consolidations
- Liaise with the QA Manager as required to report on delivery issues
- Manage Logistics
- Work within the departmental procedures and Instructions
About your knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of Purchasing processes, including negotiation
- Knowledge of Import/Export shipping and documentation an advantage
- IT skills, Office (Excel to medium / high standard), E-mail and Internet
- Self-Management skills (including time management & prioritisation)
- Hands on and flexible attitude
- Attention to detail
- Health & Safety conscious.
- A qualification and/or some experience in a Purchasing & Logistics role preferred
What the company provide:
- Initial on job training (approx. 3 months) to ensure familiarity with products and processes
- Profit related bonus
- Private health
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Procurement Support Adviser, Procurement Administrator, Assistant Procurement Officer, Procurement Officer, Buyer, Purchasing and Stock Coordinator, Stock Controller, Stock Coordinator, Stock Purchaser, Quality Assurance, Commercial Buyer, Commercial Purchaser, Procurement Advisor, Purchaser, Procurement Agent, Purchasing, Procurement Administrator, Procurement Assistant, Procurement Operations, Buyer and Assistant Procurement will be considered for this role.