Up to £40000 per annum
Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: West Drayton
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
The Dataquest Group Ltd is a leading Managed Service Provider, including IT, Cloud, Managed Print and Telecoms Solutions & UC. We have been trading for over thirty years, currently have four offices, 230 people and revenues of £40M.
We are looking for Purchasing Manager who can implement a strategy to unify the group purchasing spend to maximise supplier leverage and manage a team of eight people. Our current purchasing is fragmented between the group offices with individual processes remaining from a series of acquisitions.
Reporting to the board the main tasks include consolidation of group purchasing, ongoing supplier negotiation, implementation of new procedures and liaison with the board to report on efficiencies achieved.
- Developing and implementing strategies for procuring, and distributing goods or services and maintaining adequate stock levels, against contracted SLAs
- Managing the procurement process and optimising where appropriate
- RFP and RFI engagement where necessary
- Contributing to tenders, providing insightful procurement and innovative ways to support the successful tenders
- Engaging with finance, reporting on ROI analysts
- Supplier management evaluation, selection and deselection
- Data analysis and reporting on quality , cost or trends using available tooling
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness targets are achieved (KPIs)
- Manage and support contractual obligations
- Negotiation costs and services , ensuring best value and quality with continuous improvement
- Negotiate and track preferred global logistics rates , though 80% will be UK based
- Ensure compliance with BSI and other accreditations, including risk management and mitigation
- Apply experience and skills to understand risk and proactively manage potential supplier performance and successfully deal with issues.
- Work with major suppliers and partners to discover and exploit opportunities for continuous improvement, performance improvement, savings, and other efficiencies.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Professional, energetic and career focused approach with an ethos of continual improvement and supporting business delivery.
Conscientious individual, team player committed to personal development.
- Can work to tight deadlines and willing to “go the extra mile”. Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Proven working experience across all industry sectors with minimum 5 years’ within procurement
- Experience of government frameworks, such as G-Cloud, Tech-2,
- Experienced in team management and department transformation, i.e., applying continuous improvement techniques, objective setting, professional and technical development, appraisal programmes.
- Experience of UK / international contract review and supply chain impacts.
- Bring best of class processes for forecasting levels of demand for services and products
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Supply Chain Officer, Costs Manager, Project Sourcing Manager, Sourcing Manager, Senior Procurement Manager, Supply Chain Analyst may also be considered for this role.