Sorry, this job has expired!
Up to £35000 per annum
Job Title: QA Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This Company is one of the UK’s fastest growing Digital Health organisations. They operate the world’s largest digital health assessment platform and library and have a suite of exciting products and services that are all geared towards getting more people using and benefiting from great health and care related Apps.
They are a team of clinicians, mHealth experts and web developers working within the NHS and other healthcare systems to help to change the way healthcare is delivered, utilising the power of technology. Their award winning digital platform has been shown to improve the long-term outcomes of their patient population.
The Position: QA Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineers ensure that the product that the development team creates is to the quality standard their customers, colleagues and stakeholders expect. This QA is expected to explore, develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to assess product quality and risk. This covers all functional and non-functional aspects of the product that the development team creates.
You will help them drive collaboration and deeper conversation at every stage of the software development process to drive defect prevention, whilst working with all team members to drive quality throughout the product life cycle using modern software development and monitoring techniques. You’ll be used to driving discussions and more often than not take ownership around Unit, Functional, Performance and Security testing.
- Day to day testing
- To act in the capacity of Technical Business Analyst when required
- Effective test planning and execution activities
- Carrying out functional and non-functional testing
- Prioritising work
- Supporting the business users and UAT testers
- Working with wider project teams, developers and business analysts
- Working closely with PM/PO to define acceptance scenario and acceptance criteria
- Previous experience in QA testing across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of formal testing methodologies
- Ability to identify test requirements from specifications and map test case requirements
- Developing, documenting and maintaining clear test plans
- Executing and evaluating both manual and automated test cases
- Scrum Master Certification and experience (desirable)
- Technical Business Analysis certification and experience
- Automated Testing
- Proven work experience in software testing
- Proven work experience in Technical Business Analysis
- Strong knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate and a curious and enquiring approach to work
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Great exploratory testing skills and experience
- Solid knowledge of databases and the ability to query them using SQL
- Experience with automation with a level of proficient in one language and have the ability to learn others
- Experience in use of tools to solve test efficiency issues, such as use of REST API testing, using tools such as Postman and Swagger
- Experience of non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
As part of this role the company are also looking for Technical Business Analyst experience within this role. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis and documenting processes. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Technical Business Analyst Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Advanced technical skills
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Quality Assurance Engineer, Technical Business Analyst, QA Analyst, Healthcare QA Engineer.