Sorry, this job has expired!
Quality Inspector/ Quality Engineer / Quality Inspector CMM
Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This role is a key part of the quality team ensuring their reputation for quality is maintained and assisting growth plans. You will support adherence to quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production and finished products.
You will be involved in continuous improvement initiatives and maintaining quality record keeping. You will be using some of the latest tools such as Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), semi-automated vision inspection equipment as well as traditional gauges, Verniers and other tools. Full training will be provided.
- Inspecting first-off, in process, precision-machined plastic components with measurement and visual tests. Recording results and passing/rejecting parts as required with feedback to operators
- Acting as roving inspector to walk the shop floor, support production staff with any quality issues and conduct spot checks as you see fit
- General visual inspection of parts for defects, the majority of the parts they produce are in transparent materials
- Taking part in continuous improvement initiatives
- Inspect incoming materials for conformity against specification and quantity
- Final inspection of finished goods before despatch to clients
- Programming and running CMM (training can be provided)
- Documenting inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into the quality IT system
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
The position is suitable for someone with a solid understanding of mechanical engineering, including the ability to read 2D technical drawings and some experience of quality inspection. There is significant scope for advancement into more senior roles for suitable candidates if desired. You will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to spot minor flaws and visual marks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Ability to read 2 dimensional technical drawings
- Proactive approach to quality inspection and problem resolution
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- Methodical approach
Nice to have:
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience
- CMM experience
- Any basic CAD skills
- CNC turning or milling experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Junior Quality Development Coordinator, Junior Quality Coordinator, Quality Inspector, QA, CMM Operator, Junior Product Quality Inspector, CMM Programmer, Quality Assurance, Junior Quality Assurance Inspector, CMM Inspector, Goods Inwards Inspector, QA Inspector, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Inspector, Quality Overseer will also be considered for this role