Relief Control Centre Operator
£20556 - £22272 per annum
Job Title: Relief Control Centre Operator
Salary: £20,556 – £22,272 (pro-rata)
Job Type: Part time (28 hours), Permanent
Application Closing Date: 26th May 2022
At the City of Lincoln Council, we think diversity drives improvement. We are many different people, with different cultures, backgrounds and ideas, but we all share the same passion for providing great service to our community. A career with us is rewarding in lots of different ways. We’re an ambitious authority and our vision for Lincoln is set to transform the city in the coming years.
About the role:
We are looking to recruit three new staff to join our hard working and dedicated team in our monitoring and response centre based in Lincoln.
We provide a range of services to vulnerable people 24 hours a day 7 days a week through our Monitoring and Response Centre. Our operators provide assistance to people and help them to live safely and independently in their own homes for longer. Our centre also provides a range of call handling services to other organisations ensuring a varied and challenging role.
These vacancies have arisen based at City Hall, Lincoln, you would be required to work in a team of operators providing a monitoring service for the elderly or vulnerable and a referral service for dealing with out of hours Council emergencies (such as emergency repairs to Council properties) as well as calls being made on our dedicated response and resettlement telephone line.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of the council’s finance system in relation to the control centre customers
- The provision of a continuous monitoring service for elderly Council tenants, individuals and organisations with alarm equipment connected to the Control Centre
- Responding to calls received at the Control Centre, ascertaining the needs of callers, and to liaise with the appropriate department or outside agency/service.
- To work as a member of a self-managing team with a sense of collective responsibility and purpose and to provide support and advice to colleagues;
- To ensure that any financial resources or assets are used effectively
- To recommend and contribute to the implementation of any necessary changes in service delivery, operating flexibly to meet such changes
The Relief Control Centre Operator is for an average of 28 hours per week covering shifts as and when required
Shifts: 06:00 – 14:00, 14:00 – 22:00, 22:00 – 06:00
The successful candidates will have:
- IT literacy including Word, PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent qualification or experience
- The ability to take accurate messages, interpret information and relay as appropriate for a response
- The ability to maintain up to date records, with attention to detail.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C and/or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in an office environment
- To be able to work under pressure, both to deadlines and high standards
- Full ECDL qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience in a local authority housing environment or other related field (desirable)
- Experience of working within an alarm monitoring service environment (desirable)
- Flexible working options / Flexi time scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Local government pension scheme
- Employee benefits online discount scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Health and Wellbeing support
- Tax free bike scheme
Please click the APPLY button go through the Council Website and fill in the application form for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Control Room Operator, Control Centre operator, control operator, operator, control centre will also be considered for this role.