Sorry, this job has expired!
Resource Coordinator / Logistics Coordinator / Admin Support
Job Title: Resource Coordinator
Salary: £10.56 per hour
Job Type: Full Time, Perm (39 hours per week)
The Company is the largest independent co-operative in the UK and is an innovative co-operative business, owned by its members. They are proud to be a successful co-operative, founded on co-operative values and principles that co-ops share throughout the world.
You will be based at a hub/control branch responsible for allocating times for funerals serviced from that hub, and producing a daily running Sheet from Emcom wherever possible. You will also be responsible for arranging the collection of deceased from place of death, i.e. hospital, nursing homes, private address and attending to all necessary paperwork.
You will also be responsible for scheduling the effective use of vehicles and funeral colleagues liaising with external agencies and ensuring all statutory forms and legal documents are accurately completed and that they are submitted within the time restraints and that CDs, sheet music and Order of Services are also delivered on time.
However, occasionally situations may arise that require you to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society and you may be required to take on the role of Assistant Funeral Director as and when required.
- Ensure valuable documents and other important data are safely secured
- Act with due diligence when using Society Assets
- Keep confidential all trading and other sensitive information both inside and outside of work
- Participate in the Saturday office rota as and when required
- Attend all relevant training courses for own personal development
- Answer phone calls in accordance with Funeral Group policies and procedures
- Maintain high standards of client care at all times in line with Funeral Group policies and procedures
- Check all First Call sheets are handed into the Office to be filed
- Maintain and update the co-ordinators register
- Check on a Daily basis callout reports and messages generated by Frontline Answering Service
- Communicate with the colleague/branch responsible for the funeral to ensure cremation forms 4 and 5 are completed within time restraints, contacting doctors direct if necessary
- Escort Doctors to the mortuary area in order for them to view deceased persons and to complete any necessary paper work
- Oversee the delivery and collection of internal post from funeral branches and Head Office
- Print out all relevant paperwork from EMCOM auto docs when required
- Update the Funeral Running Board/Diary on a daily basis
- Produce daily Running Sheet, and communicate details to all colleagues involved
- Responsible for organising servicing and MOTs and accident repairs for all funeral vehicles and to update the vehicle records
- Ensure Vehicle Mileage Sheets are changed on a weekly basis and completed sheets are filed for future reference
- Order any special coffin requirements on behalf of the branches recording the order details for reference
- Take responsibility for deliveries, checking the correct delivery address, the delivery note and forwarding it to the appropriate department
- Communicate hygienic treatment requirements to the embalmer
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the deceased to branch chapels of rest for viewing as required
- Undertake general housekeeping as and when required and directed to do so by line management
- Ensure that cremated remains are collected, delivered and stored in accordance with Society policy
- Liaise with outside agencies to arrange the hire of Horse Drawn, Motorcycle or any other special requirements for funeral vehicles
- Comply with procedures and follow laid down systems within the Funeral Group
- Record in the Stock Transfer Book all coffins, fittings and associated sundries that are either transferred in to the control branch or out to branches
- Monitor stock levels and order as necessary
- Take responsibility for monthly stock take and reporting result
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
- Shows empathy and respect;
- Promotes membership where appropriate;
- Involved in community projects
- Works well as part of team
- Good planning & organisational skills
- Good communicator at all levels
- Good communication skills
- Adapt style of communication to customer
- Ensures health and safety procedures are met
- Focused on good customer services which in turn may influence funeral numbers and therefore branch profit
- GCSE level of education especially in English and Mathematics
- Experience of a coordination role would be highly desirable however full training will be given
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Transport Planner, Logistics Coordinator, Funeral Administration, Transport Coordinator, Funeral Service Operative, Administrative Assistant, Customer Support, Support Administrator, Support Staff, Business Administrator, Customer Support Advisor, Customer Services Officer, Admin Support, Secretary, Clerk, Support Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Administrator, Office Support, Admin Assistant, Admin, Office Assistant, Logistics Analyst, Office Administrator may also be considered for this role.