Sorry, this job has expired!
Revenues Officer / Council Tax Officer – Apprenticeship
£4.35 - £8.21 per hour
Job Title: Revenues Officer Apprentice
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: Up to £8.21 per hour
Job Type: Full time, Fixed-term (up to 18 months) (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 9.00 am, Monday 17th February 2020
Are you organised with a keen interest in customer service, looking to work in a busy office environment?
Here at the Council, they have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Revenues Officer. They offer a wide range of learning and development programmes, real life experience and the ability to “earn while you learn”. They are looking for someone who has strong IT skills, great customer care and an eye for detail.
Apprenticeship that allows through a programme of training and learning the post holder to acquire the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to fully perform the role of a Revenues Officer.
- Undertaking training in Revenues or a related activity
- Supporting members of the Revenues team by undertaking basic admin tasks
- Accurate input of data to and correct amendment of customer accounts for residents or others who have a liability to pay council tax and non-domestic (business) rates to the Council
- Dealing with customers or their authorised representatives and other callers by telephone, letter or by e-mail
- Basic office administration duties including filing, posting documents, collating records etc.
- Where appropriate, provide basic advice regarding liability to council tax and nondomestic (business) rates and payment of accounts
- Liaise with colleagues in accordance with Council policy and best practice standards, provide and obtain wherever appropriate, essential information
- Develop an understanding and awareness relevant legislation including Data Protection and more specifically Local Government Finance
- Basic understanding of computer software and PC’s
- Good standard of education
- Good keyboard skills
- Good communication (verbal and written) skills
- Accuracy with written information and data
- Good level of numeracy and be able to complete basic calculations
- Relates well to people and callers
- Committed to job related education and training
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of office systems and procedures
- Good level of customer service skills
- Good telephone skills
- Able to cope with difficult people
(The rate of pay is for apprentices aged 25 and over is £8.21 per hour, for those aged 21 – 24 the rate of pay is £7.70 per hour, for those aged 18 – 20 £6.15 per hour, and for those under 18 £4.35 per hour).
Please click on the APPLY button where you’ll be redirected to the council’s careers page.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Revenues Officer, Revenues Assistant, Revenues Collection, Revenues Enforcement, Finance Assistant, Finance Executive, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Local Government, IRRV, Data Entry, Council Tax Officer, Revenues Compliance Officer, Data Entry Specialist, Revenues Collection Officer, Revenues Administrator, Revenues Manager, Revenues Recovery Specialist, Business Rates Administrator, Client Relations Management will also be considered for this role.