Sorry, this job has expired!
Sales Executive/Account Manager/Business Development Executive
Job Title: Area Sales Executive
Location: North Area
Salary: Competitive + bonus up to 10%
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was established in 1976, is a global market leader in reversing safety and all-round visibility for commercial vehicles. They are based in the UK, have subsidiary companies in the USA, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, France and The Netherlands, and are in partnership with over 50 specialist distributors worldwide.
This is a largely field based sales role in support of and working with the existing Business Development Managers (BDMs). Thrust of the role will be to assist in planning, implementing and controlling the region/area in terms of sales operations.
This role will be covering either the North or South East areas. Also developing and maintaining business with OES dealer networks will be a key responsibility. It will entail working with the existing customer base, plus prospecting, primarily in the commercial vehicle aftermarket sectors.
The job will include telephone prospecting for new business contacts, following up leads, exhibition attendance, plus regional sales meetings. It will be necessary for the successful candidate to have a” home” office and will be expected, from time to time, to travel to Company’s Head Office based in South Darenth in Kent.
- Manage and report monthly on a sales ‘pipeline’ of prospects and customers
- Follow up sales leads by telephone, email, and with personal visits
- Attend / work on the company’s stand at exhibitions and conferences as required
- Agree sales targets with line manager, and work to meet these targets
- Liaise closely with the existing aftermarket field sales team, so as to avoid duplication of effort and/or upsetting the existing very strong aftermarket distribution network
- Telephone prospecting – mainly using the company’s existing database of fleet contacts
- Maintain, on the company’s CRM database, an accurate and up-to-date record of all interactions with prospects and customers
- Learn and thoroughly understand the products and services offered by the company, and keep fully up to date in this respect
- Contribute to company development by bringing relevant opportunities to the attention of management
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English
- Computer literate
- Minimum of 2 years field sales experience in the commercial vehicle and/or mobile machinery markets
- Developing the aftermarket as well as specific market sectors
- A proven track record of success in territory sales
- Working and negotiating with customers at all levels to win business
- Experience in Account Management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility for own work
- Ability to prioritise tasks and flexibility to multi-task
- Strong focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent telephone manner
- Professional training in strategic selling and negotiating skills
- Professional training in field sales and territory management
- An aptitude for, or knowledge of, automotive / commercial vehicle electronics
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Coordinator, Field Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Sales Representative, Sales Rep, Sales, Field Sales, Business Development, Direct Sales, Business Developer, Business Development Executive, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, New Client Sales Lead Generator, Lead Generation, New Business Sales, New Business Generation will be considered for this role.