Senior Brand Manager – FMCG
Job Title: Senior Brand Manger
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is a leading pet food manufacturer whose industry knowledge spans over 135 years.
They have a portfolio of brands offering a variety of products for pets and wild animals, each offering a unique insight into animals from dogs to ducks and produces high-quality products that cater to a wide variety of consumer needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced brand manager to join an exciting FMCG business developing, implementing, and executing strategic marketing and NPD plans for the pet food and treats category and associated brands.
You’ll work within the marketing team, reporting to the Head of Marketing. You will have a background in managing a small team, product and brand marketing, managing agencies as well as an ability to work alongside marketing, production and technical NPD teams to help increase the reach of the brand and products.
The role will focus on the pet food brands and as such the role will require involvement in events and shows around the country and occasionally abroad. It is essential that you’re confident and comfortable around dogs and other pets.
Ideally coming from a manufacturing background, you will need to drive the product portfolio, working within a fast-paced environment, FMCG experience is essential, along with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead pet food and treat brands
- Manage and develop, two direct reports – Brand Managers
- Brand strategy – including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision and value proposition for short as well as long term
- Develop the annual marketing plans and contributes to NPD/EPD pipeline ensuring excellence in execution
- Develop brand portfolio strategy, contribute to pricing and promotional strategy recommendation, propose brand portfolio and reviews for key channels and key customers, aligning with sales
- Work across functions including sales, the NPD team, technical, manufacturing, supply and finance to develop and contribute to execute successful commercial plans to deliver financial and share plans and targets
- Responsible for packaging development and work with creative agencies and closely with Project Management Team
- Develop brand content and campaign plans, implement and drive all marketing, advertising & promotional activities
- Analyse product sales, market data and relevant financials
- Maintain brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications of products
- Continuously monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products & activity in the marketplace – supported by the Category & Insights team
- Develop shopper marketing & category management initiatives to deliver the shopper brand experience at the point of purchase within the retail environment
- Manage annual marketing budget
- Master’s degree in marketing or similar
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an FMCG business is essential
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Brand Manager (or similar role) with knowledge and/or experience in shopper marketing and category management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with and influence a diverse population, multiple levels of an organization and various cross-functions and multi-cultural teams
- Strong analytics skills
- Result oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Direct line management
- Problem solving
- Positive / personable attitude always.
- Very organised and reliable
- Must be fluent in English
- Full UK and clean driving licence is preferred
- Experience in the pet food/pet care or pharmaceuticals sector
- Working within a manufacturing environment
- Languages – Spanish, Germany, Italian or French
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Brand Manager, B2C Marketing, Company Branding, Retail Marketing, Product Marketing, FMCG Brand Manager may also be considered for this role.