Senior Educational Support / Teaching Assistant / ESA
Job Title: Senior Educational Support Assistant (ESA) – Literacy and English Language Support
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Job Type: Full time (37 hours per week – term time only), Permanent
Closing Date: 10am Monday 30th November 2020
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. They have a strong tradition of delivering high quality courses, with the recent OFSTED Inspection praising the provision highly.
They are now seeking a Senior ESA (Literacy and English Language/Literature Support) to work across the college, supporting English Communication, Literacy and English GCSE within vocational and non-vocational courses at a variety of levels.
- To support students in the development of English Communication, Literacy and English GCSE, including those with learning difficulties and disabilities, through individual and small group support sessions.
- To assist in the teaching and learning environment as directed by teaching staff within the department.
- To assist in the preparation and organisation of teaching and learning materials.
- To contribute to the students’ learning within the classroom and in the students’ directed study time.
- To contribute to monitoring and supporting students in the completion of the students’ Individual Learning Plan.
- To support teaching staff in teaching and learning activities outside the classroom e.g. on research visits.
- To be responsible for displaying students work across the college.
- To provide assistance and occasional cover in the Library and Study Centre, following appropriate training.
- To provide occasional cover in the classroom in a supervisory capacity.
- To act as a Personal Tutor
- A good standard of education
- Ability to work with staff and students to support English Communication, Literacy and GCSE English within vocational and non-vocational courses at various levels.
- Ability to work with students with a wide range of abilities, in one to one situations, small groups and whole classes
- Ability to work with other staff as a team
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Good motivational skills
- A good knowledge of ICT
- Ability to produce displays within the department and across college
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Educational Support Assistant, English Language Teaching Support, Learning Support Worker, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant will be considered for this role.