Sorry, this job has expired!
Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant / ISO Auditor
£28000 - £40000 per annum
Job Title: Senior Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Consultant
Salary: £28,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a consultancy offering safety, environment and engineering services since 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Their team includes engineers, environmental, QEHS, process safety and energy professionals. A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything that they do.
They are seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Consultant to work within their Environment Group, based at their Glasgow office. Ability and willingness to travel is a requirement of this role.
They’re looking for a Senior Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Consultant to support key clients and to further develop the service area. Typical technical project areas are environmental management, quality management, health and safety management, energy management and business continuity.
The successful candidate will work in a client-facing role with lead responsibilities for excellent project delivery, valued outcomes and great customer service. Their clients range from industrial manufacturing sites to construction sites to public sector and commercial businesses; projects range from strategic to operational and technical interventions.
Core technical project areas include:
- Management systems development and implementation (e.g. ISO 14001, 9001, 45001, 50001, 22301)
- Training delivery
- Sustainability strategy development
Additional technical project areas include:
- Circular economy and resource efficiency
- Environmental legal compliance and permitting
- Lean manufacturing and reducing waste in processes
- Sustainable procurement
- Chemical and waste management
- Life cycle analysis
- Organised, logical and structured; attention to detail
- Communication and training delivery skills
- Business acumen and awareness
- Business development
- Numeracy and data analysis
- Coaching, training and facilitation
- Creative thinking and ability to identify and drive new business opportunities and projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, including Excel
- Language skills (English minimum)
- Honours or Masters Degree in environmental management, environmental studies, business and environment, chemistry, waste, energy, quality management, manufacturing excellence, business management or a related subject
- Membership (graduate, affiliate, associate or full) of a related professional institute e.g. IEMA, CQI
- Internal or lead auditor qualification(s)
Experience and competence (as related to the technical project areas listed above) in:
- Understanding business operations and how QHSE and sustainability issues impact on these operations
- Effective task and project management
- Communicating successfully with individuals at all levels
- Professional services delivery and technical sales (desirable)
- Industrial experience is essential
- Takes ownership
- Desire and enthusiasm to be successful
- Tenacious; a ‘self-starter’ with commercial awareness
- Ability to motivate others to implement solutions and to drive sales
- Adaptable and flexible
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a successful and expanding team.
The selected candidate will work within a supportive and driven team, contributing to meeting Team targets for sales, successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
The position may require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout Scotland, the U.K. and abroad depending on project requirements. Company pool cars are available for business travel – a valid driving licence is required, valid passport and photo ID is required for air travel. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; QMS Consultant, Internal Auditor, Compliance Auditing, Compliance Consultant, Environmental Compliance Consultant, ISO Auditor, Quality Management Systems Auditor, Internal Systems Auditor, Internal Systems Consultant, Environmental Compliance Auditor, Management Systems, ISO14001, ISO9001, Integrated Management Systems may also be considered for this role.