Sorry, this job has expired!
Senior Product Manager / IT Project Coordinator – Networking
Job Title: Senior Product Manager – Connectivity & Security
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
This role owns the Connectivity & Security practice, comprising of connectivity, networking equipment and network security product categories.
It will develop strategic, innovative connectivity and security solutions, as well implement day-to-day tactics that drive efficiency, effectiveness and value.
The role will develop roadmaps, manage both the commercial and technical requirements and work with and manage Service Partners to bring the offerings to market and ensure the success of the categories by managing the full product lifecycle.
As a Senior Product Manager, this role will also provide support and coaching to the other Product Managers within the team and will play an active part in both reviewing and defining product management processes and in representing Product Management across the business to ensure the role of Product Management is fully understood.
- Aligned with the company strategy, updated monthly and approved by the business
- Engage with Sales / Pre-Sales / Marketing to ensure timescales are aligned with customer opportunities
- Enable / deliver monthly briefings to the business
- Deliver releases on-time and within budget
- Own and manage long-term strategy, consulting with all business stakeholders and managing this upwards and promoting discussion to reach an agreed business product strategy
- Maintain relevant competitor knowledge
- Review, standardise and evolve products within practice to ensure a consistent quality standard for all released products across the entire product lifecycle
- Own the relationship with assigned partners, ensuring regular business reviews are carried out
Vision and Strategy
- Develop short-and long-term vision and strategic plans based on, vision, objectives, plans, and operating requirements
- Deliver a market leading, managed service oriented, proposition and roadmap. Maintain product collateral as required.
Build the business
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert, aiding Sales and Solutions Architecture with solution design, Support and Customer Services with issue resolution
- Build a customer focused, results oriented tone
- Support all members of the Product Management team through coaching and continual improvement activities
- Provide effective management of the practice, ensuring adherence to their standard Product Management processes, systems and tools
- Establish good working relationships and partnerships with all business functions and strategic customers
- Provide product briefing and training to all required parties
- Maintain product KPIs and take action to achieve commercial targets, quality standards and customer satisfaction goals
- Produce monthly forecasts, activity and management reports
- Monitor performance against the budget, and act to ensure budget compliance
- Create effective partnerships and negotiate advantageous agreements with service providers and hardware/software vendors
- Manage the attainment of any required vendor certifications and accreditations
- Minimum three years’ experience in Product Management
- Minimum three years’ technical experience with connectivity, networking and security solutions, specifically
- Routing & switching
- Firewalls, Ethernet (EoFTTC, EFM, Fibre Leased Line, SDWAN, PWAN)
- Broadband (ADSL, FTTC, FTTP, G.Fast)
- Mobile Data
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN)
- Networking security (DDoS Mitigation, SIEM, IPS/IDS)
- Network monitoring
- Degree level education, ideally in a business or IT discipline
- Proven and demonstrable knowledge of bringing new offerings to market
- Highly developed communication skills, presentation skills and meeting management as this role will require a customer-facing professional who can work well in virtual teams
- Good analytical ability to understand product performance data and market opportunity data
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; IT Manager, IT Team Leader, Technical Manager, Technical Team Leader, Technical Team Manager, ICT Shared Services Manager, Technical Team Leader, Technical Project Lead, ICT Manager, IT Project, Implementation Manager, Transformation Manager, IT Project Manager, Project Manager may also be considered for this role.