Sorry, this job has expired!
Senior Quality Inspector / Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: Senior Quality Inspector / Technician
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
This role is a key part of the quality team ensuring their reputation for quality is maintained and assisting growth plans. You will support adherence to quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, finished products and continuous improvement initiatives. You will also be involved in the resolution of any client issues and maintaining quality record keeping. You will be using some of the latest tools such as Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), semi-automated vision inspection equipment as well traditional gauges, Verniers and other tools.
- Inspecting first-off, in process, precision-machined plastic components with measurement and visual tests
- Recording results and passing/rejecting parts as required with feedback to operators
- Acting as roving inspector to walk the shop floor, support production staff with any quality issues and conduct spot checks as you see fit
- General visual inspection of parts for defects, the majority of the parts they produce are in transparent materials
- Taking part, and leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Inspect incoming materials for conformity against specification and quantity.
- Final inspection of finished goods before despatch to clients
- Programming and running CMM (training can be provided if required)
- Documenting inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into the quality IT system
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a technical/engineering based subject
- Ability to read 2 dimensional technical drawings
- Proactive approach to quality inspection and problem resolution
- Proficient Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Close attention and a good eye for detail
- Confidence in decision making
- CMM experience
- Methodical approach
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience
- Supervisory or management experience
- Any basic CAD skills
- CNC turning or milling experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Quality Engineer, Quality Development Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Automotive Quality Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Quality performance Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Tester, Quality Management System Auditor, QMS Auditor may also be considered for this role.