Sorry, this job has expired!
Senior Scheme Manager / Secretary – Pensions and Trustees
Job Title: Senior Scheme Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
They’re a fast growing and highly successful independent trustee company working with many household names, as well as smaller organisations. With over 210 clients and over £30 billion invested in them they provide professional services helping clients govern and run their pension schemes to the highest standards.
Their services include independent trusteeship, trustee executive, scheme secretarial, adviser selections and trustee effectiveness services. They are also on the Pension Protection Fund (PPF’s) trustee advisory panel.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients where you will deliver a variety of trustee executive, secretarial and project and consulting services depending on requirements. You will be expected to take an entrepreneurial approach to creating and converting new business opportunities.
The Senior Scheme Secretary will be responsible for the effective management of trustee business across a portfolio of clients.
Some of the areas of responsibility include:
- Excellent organisation of trustee, committee and other meetings.
- Proactive communication and monitoring of legal and compliance requirements
- Monitor and influence the service delivery of the trustees’ advisers and ensure value for money.
- Management of any member queries and complaints including those received via the Internal Dispute Procedure.
- Run Member Nominated Trustee election as required and gather relevant information for the trustee selection process.
- Draft or review communications, such as newsletters, member notices etc.
- Organise training and ensure the trustees meet the Trustee Knowledge and Understanding requirements.
- Lead the project management of services, providers and special exercises.
- Act as co-ordinator, manager of relationships and facilitator.
- Any other responsibilities, as appropriate for the role.
A proven track record gained within the pension and trustee industry with at least 5 years’ experience, likely to have previous in house or consultancy experience.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrates leadership in high pressure and fast paced environment without diluting the quality of work,
- Excellent knowledge of the technical aspects of the role covering DB, DC and hybrid schemes,
- Excellent organisational and project management skills,
- Easily builds relationships with clients gaining their trust and respect,
- Forward thinking and skilled at planning for and managing all aspects of secretarial role with high level of independence and self-motivation,
- Deals effectively with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience,
- Team working with the focus on good communication and collaborative working to deliver excellent quality services for clients, and
- Ability to assimilate information and communicate complicated scenarios in a simple manner.
- Degree educated
- Qualified APMI/FPMI
- PRINCE2 qualified
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Project Manager, Trustee Manager, Trustee Services, Financial Services Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Secretary, Scheme Secretary, Trustee Scheme Manager may also be considered for this role.