Sorry, this job has expired!
Senior Service Desk Engineer
Up to £28000 per annum
Job Title: Senior Service Desk Engineer – 2nd/3rd Line
Salary: Up to £28k DOE
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The company are currently looking for a talented Service Desk Engineer to join them in their office in Leeds and be a part of a leading and fast growing IT Solutions and Managed Service Provider.
They offer a wide spectrum of managed IT products and services including full Service Desk IT support, Cloud Infrastructure, Security & Compliance, Network Infrastructure, Project Management and Professional Services.
You’ll be acting as the lead engineer on the Service Desk and the primary escalation point. In addition you’ll be involved with field based work and acting as a conduit between the service desk and the 3rd line engineers.
- Communicating technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Working through Service Desk tickets, quickly identifying and addressing key issues
- Taking calls and emails from customers and resolving their IT issues quickly and calmly
- Remotely monitoring customer backups and infrastructure status, to maximise up-time
- Providing a positive technical support experience, both internally & externally
- Assisting the 3rd Line Engineering Team in the delivery of Professional Service projects
- Building strong relationships through effective methods of communication
- Identifying and working towards service improvements
- Keeping documentation up to date
- Assessing, prioritising and managing workload ensuring business goals are achieved
- 2+ years’ experience in IT Support or an IT Project Team with proven experience at a 2nd/3rd line level, preferably with an established MSP
- Must have a full drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Experience with Mac is desirable
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 to 2016
- Exchange server 2008 to 2016 experience
- Working knowledge of Virtual Servers, VMWare or Hyper-V, SharePoint
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 365 and Active Directory
- Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- MCSE/MCITP Enterprise or Server Administrator
- Knowledge of VOIP
- Experience of Server / Workstation hardware (Upgrade/Migration/Rollout)
- Mobile technologies – Android / iOS
Training and Development is at the heart of their culture and a plan will be put in place to fill those gaps in your knowledge.
In return for your positive attitude and dedication to customer service, you’ll get:
- A good salary
- 25 days holiday
- Training support, with individual Training & Development plan
- Degree of flexibility unheard of in bigger MSPs
- Free parking
- The odd free lunch!
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; 3rd Line Technical Consultant, 3rd Line Support Technician, Support Engineer, 3rd IT Line Engineer, IT Engineer, Senior Technician, 3rd Line Senior Engineer, Senior I.T., Desktop Support, IT Support Engineer, Service Desk Engineer, IT Service Desk, IT Technician, IT Support Advisor, IT Support, IT Desktop Support, IT Technician, IT Helpdesk, IT Desktop Support Technician, MS Office, Windows Server, Support Engineer may also be considered for this role.