Job Title: Structural Engineer
Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Salary: Competitive + Car Allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Fast growing, award winning residential property development company that prides itself on delivering high quality, excellent value properties in Nottingham. Over the last 12 months the company has brought Construction and QS services in house, and has their own in house architectural department.
Now is the right time to bring in a senior Structural Engineer to work closely on a daily basis with the Architectural department and Construction teams.
You will sit on the senior leadership team and be responsible for leading the structural department. This will involve creating the Structural Design, Feasibility Studies and offering on-site solutions.
You will liaise with both the CAD team and the Construction Director in order to ensure that a committed service is offered on all projects. This dynamic role will be responsible for liaising with the rest of their in house team, construction site managers and building control authorities as well as the internal stakeholders in the office.
You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer, or at least have a minimum of 3 years UK residential structural design experience having performed in a similar role previously – on residential housebuilding. You will be attending site and client meetings, preparing structural calculations with solutions, liaising with the other senior staff, spending time on site and mentoring fresh graduates to the business. Experience dealing with section 50, 104, 106, 278s is preferential.
- MEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or a first degree in a relevant discipline
- Successful track record working with UK building structures and infrastructure design
- Experience with designing houses, e.g. foundations, drains, basements, piling, steel structures, reinforced concrete, roofing etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Proficient working in AutoCAD
- Experience working with Teklar, WinDES, Revit, Civils 3D, PDS, or equivalent design software
- Chartered Membership/Associate Membership of the IStructE or ICE
- Competitive salary as well as enjoying working within a fast moving, award winning team
- Developments and training opportunities, excellent holidays, a varied workload and a clear path to progress
- A car allowance is available
- Further benefits and bonuses are available for the right candidate who can assist the company with its rapid growth plans
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Engineer, Structural Engineer, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineer, Construction Engineer, Building Engineer, Civil Engineering, Structural Technician, AutoCAD, ONC, HND may also be considered for the role.