Senior Support Worker / Home Care Worker
£9.30 - £9.70 per hour
Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Salary: £9.30 – £9.70 per hour
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week), Permanent
The Company is an award-winning specialist care provider, to adults with learning disabilities, autism, and challenging behaviour. They are always striving to push back the boundaries of possibility in the lives of people they support. Their staff teams are at the very heart of their identity.
To contribute to the delivery of care in accordance with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the policies and procedures of the company and to contribute to the staff team to ensure that high standards of care practice are maintained.
Based on the nature of the role the ability to drive is essential.
- Participating in designing, developing and maintaining a secure, warm and dignified home life
- To be in charge of the residential home in the absence of a more senior staff
- Contributing to the provision of care & support to service users according to their individual care plans
- Contributing to developing and maintaining the individual skills of service users as per their plans to include learning and skills activities
- To work on call duties as per rota ensuring on call policy & procedure is adhered to
- Reporting all notifiable incidents occurring in the home to the shift leader, providing written reports as requested
- To ensure that up to date records are maintained and to provide written reports as required by the company
- Advising and supporting individual service users in the safekeeping of their money and valuables, recording all financial transactions in accordance with their policy and procedural guidelines
- Enabling and accompanying service users, where required, to access community facilities, annual holidays and health care appointments
- Assisting in the administration of medication to individual service users and authorising of PRN medication
- To oversee the maintenance of fire precautions, fire drills and monitoring of equipment
- To implement & monitor health & safety regulations
- To plan & participate in scheduled team & resident meetings as required
- To ensure that all in-house financial transactions are conducted and recorded according to their policies and procedures
- To ensure that the day to day housekeeping and shopping tasks are carried out thereby ensuring the smooth running of the home
- To ensure the correct use of business vehicles
- To assist with and supervise the management & maintenance of cleanliness, repairs and decor of the home
- To ensure the health, welfare and rights of service users are maintained at an appropriate level
- Contributing to ensuring that the home maintains a safe, clean environment for those living and working in it, complying with health and safety requirements, reporting all hazards to the shift leader
- To assist with the purchasing, preparation and serving of meals to comply with their food and hygiene policy and procedure
- To ensure the house laundry is dealt with appropriately and in accordance with their infection control policy
- To participate in the company’s NVQ/QCF Programme
- To participate in & conduct six weekly supervisions
- To undertake all statutory and mandatory training
- To undertake additional identified training as appropriate and in agreement with the line manager
- To keep abreast of developments in services including legislation relating to residential and day care services
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role, making sure to specify if you are able to drive.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Senior Support Worker, Senior Development Worker, Home Care Worker, Senior Health Care Assistant, Support Assistant, Carer, Senior Housing Assistant, Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Social Worker, Residential Care Worker, Support Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Residential Care Support, Social Care, Care Assist, NVQ2, QCF may also be considered for this role.