Sorry, this job has expired!
Service Delivery Manager – Children In Care & Care Leavers
£53322 - £56208 per annum
Job Title: Service Delivery Manager
Salary: £53,322 – £56,208 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 15th September (Midnight)
The Council is looking for a creative and pro-active leader who can confidently challenge and initiate policy change, in addition to ensuring there is a service specific Quality Assurance Framework and programme of audit and Quality assurance in place within the Service.
This is a key position reporting to the Assistant Director for Children’s Safeguarding & Family Support, responsible for driving forward the Council’s Children In Care & Care Leavers service.
This is both a tactical and strategic role, bearing the responsibility of managing the delivery of high quality, inclusive services for vulnerable children and young people on a day to day basis, as well as planning and implementing a programme of improvement work to meet the demands of the three year Ofsted Inspection cycle.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting all activity in Children in Care and Leaving care Services, and will be the Social Care lead for Corporate Parenting in Telford
- Ensuring there is an excellent offer in place for children in Local Authority care with a focus on permanency planning driving forward high quality chid centred care planning and avoiding drift
- Plan, implementing and evaluating services under own control, contributing to Telford’s Children and Young Peoples strategies and plans
- Ensuring there is a service specific Quality Assurance Framework and programme of audit and Quality assurance, evaluating performance of the service against annual service targets taking remedial action where necessary
- Utilising Performance Management Information with Team Managers ensuring there is complete understanding and a drive to inform best practice and outcomes for children and young people
- Engaging with children and young people, ensuring that the views and feelings are reflected both in the services they receive and in the future development of services for children and young people
- Promoting equality of access to services and anti-discriminatory practice in the delivery of services and management of staff
- Assuring effective safe practice and service delivery ensuring that any statutory reporting obligations are met
- Supporting the continuous development of services, and flexible working, ensuring consistency with the Council’s priorities
- Post graduate qualification / management training or equivalent
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional, managerial and personal development
- Significant and substantial experience at a senior managerial level of managing Children in Care / Fostering services, Adoption and Permanency planning
- Significant experience of prioritising and planning team tasks and activities
- Significant experience of leading, developing and contributing to strategy and policy development
- Experience of identifying and resolving challenges faced by teams
- Experience of delivering objectives in an effective way, minimising waste
- Significant experience of management and leadership of a range of service provision
- Significant experience of using data and performance information to review and improve service provision
- Wide knowledge of current government policy relating to areas covered by the main job task
- Knowledge of relevant local priorities as set out within Council plans
- Significant knowledge of legislation including statutory requirements for areas identified by main tasks
- Knowledge of working with Children with Disability
- Experience of responding to complaints, drafting responses, meeting with complainants and working to agreed timescales
- Able to analyse data and translate to appropriate information which can be used to inform future priorities for the Council
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Childcare Assistant, Childcare Worker, Nursery Assistant, Early Years Childcare Assistant, Playworker, Support Manager, Social Care Manager, Care Manager, Healthcare Manager, Healthcare Team Leader, Care Management, Care Team Leader, Team Manager, Support Coordinator, Support Supervisor, Care Support Manager, Care Supervisor, Deputy Home Manager, Care Coordinator, Deputy Home Leader, Regional Care Home Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, Healthcare Coordinator, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support Supervisor, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Autism Support may also be considered for this role