Sorry, this job has expired!
Service Delivery Manager – Fostering, Adoption & Permanence
£53322 - £56208 per annum
Job Title: Service Delivery Manager
Salary: £53,322 – £56,208 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing Date: 15th September (Midnight)
The Council is looking for a creative and pro-active leader who can confidently challenge and initiate policy change, in addition to creating and developing an overarching strategic plan, for the service.
This is a key position reporting to the Assistant Director for Children’s Safeguarding & Family Support, responsible for driving forward the Council’s Fostering, Adoption and Permanence service.
This is both a tactical and strategic role, bearing the responsibility of managing the delivery of high quality, inclusive services for vulnerable children and young people on a day to day basis, as well as planning and implementing a programme of improvement work to meet the demands of the three year Ofsted Inspection cycle.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Leading for Permanency in Telford and will lead on supporting the implementation of the North Midland Adoption and Permanency Partnership
- Managing employees effectively with a strong focus on performance management and holding team members to account
- Planning, implementing and evaluating services under own control, contributing to Telford’s Children and Young Peoples strategies and plans
- Auditing and evaluating performance of services against annual service targets taking remedial action where necessary
- Engaging with children and young people, ensuring that the views and feelings are reflected both in the services they receive and in the future development of services for children and young people
- Promoting equality of access to services and anti-discriminatory practice in the delivery of services and management of staff
- Auditing and evaluating services against annual work plan and report on progress regularly to the Senior Management Team
- Managing a budget and be responsible for ensuring optimum use of available funding within the limit set by the Council’s financial governance arrangements
- Assuring effective safe practice and service delivery ensuring that any statutory reporting obligations are met
- Supporting the continuous development of services, and flexible working, ensuring consistency with the Council’s priorities
- Leading specific projects and reviews undertaking research and producing robust information and complex reports
- Working within and fully utilise the Council’s core systems and resources, including recruitment, application and use of technology, recording, data protection, health and safety
- Post graduate qualification / management training or equivalent
- Evidence of commitment to continued professional, managerial and personal development
- Significant and substantial experience at a senior managerial level of managing Children in Care / Fostering services, Adoption and Permanency planning
- Significant experience of prioritising and planning team tasks and activities
- Significant experience of leading, developing and contributing to strategy and policy development
- Experience of identifying and resolving challenges faced by teams
- Experience of delivering objectives in an effective way, minimising waste
- Significant experience of management and leadership of a range of service provision
- Significant experience of using data and performance information to review and improve service provision
- Wide knowledge of current government policy relating to areas covered by the main job task
- Knowledge of relevant local priorities as set out within Council plans
- Significant knowledge of legislation including statutory requirements for areas identified by main tasks
- Knowledge of working with Children with Disability
- Experience of responding to complaints, drafting responses, meeting with complainants and working to agreed timescales
- Able to analyse data and translate to appropriate information which can be used to inform future priorities for the Council
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Childcare Assistant, Childcare Worker, Nursery Assistant, Early Years Childcare Assistant, Playworker, Support Manager, Social Care Manager, Care Manager, Healthcare Manager, Healthcare Team Leader, Care Management, Care Team Leader, Team Manager, Support Coordinator, Support Supervisor, Care Support Manager, Care Supervisor, Deputy Home Manager, Care Coordinator, Deputy Home Leader, Regional Care Home Manager, Healthcare Supervisor, Healthcare Coordinator, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support Supervisor, Care Support, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Vulnerable Adult, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Autism Support may also be considered for this role