Sorry, this job has expired!
Service Desk Team Leader / IT Support Engineer
Job Title: Service Desk Team Leader
Location: Pickering, YO18 8LX
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday, 9th March 2021
The Company are one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry.
They’re currently looking for an experienced Service Team Leader to join their team.
The Service Desk Team Leader is a key role, tasked with directing flow of incidents and service request to a team of IT Support Analysts. The post holder is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day effectiveness of service provision and ensuring that targets are met across all plants and sites.
The post holder is expected to work effectively within a wider team, working most closely with plant management and functional IT management, to drive service improvements. The post holder will offer specialist advice and support on IT-related issues, ensuring the effective management of all incidents and service requests through a telephone, email and ITSM tool.
This role requires the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues within and beyond IT Department, in order to ensure that a consistent, high quality service is delivered by the services team. This is a fast-paced and varied role, requiring excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a broad range of IT knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An active / empathic listener
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to be prompt and punctual
- Experience of working effectively within a team and collaborating with others to achieve a goal
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues and look at the wider picture to provide solutions through a variety of problem-solving techniques
- Drive, self-motivation, and ability to work under own initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice frameworks (such as ITIL, ISO20k) for the delivery of IT services
- Sound knowledge and experience of supporting range of IT applications, platforms, and technologies
- Ability to communicate processes and procedures verbally clearly and accurately and in writing
- Ability to produce management information reports from ITSM systems
- Experience of working accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, such as ITSM, remote access, knowledge resources
- Experience of developing professional and effective working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service
- Active Directory
- Windows 10 and network patching
- Networking Basics
- Multifunctional Printers security policies and procedures
- Nice to have
- Hand Scanners
- ERP systems
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; IT Support Service Desk Team Leader, Senior IT Service Desk Consultant, IT Support Consultant, Customer Support, Support Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Support, Helpdesk Analyst, Helpdesk Support, IT Support Analyst may also be considered for this role.