Site Installer – Architectural Metal
Job Title: Site Installer – Balustrade & Staircases
Location: Matlock, Derbyshire
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent (Minimum 40 hours per week)
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory Bank Holidays, increasing over time to a maximum of 25
The Company is looking to fill this position with a candidate with a degree of flexibility – the workload varies considerably and at times overtime working during the normal working week is inevitable.
From time to time an element of the working week may be spent in the workshop where you will be required to carry out normal basic fabrication workshop duties.
The vacancy is for a busy, successful company based on the edge of the Peak District. They specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of contemporary, bespoke, high end architectural metalwork products primarily in mild steel, stainless steel & glass.
Supplying regional and national contracts up to £200K to both private clients and their large repeat customer base in the construction sector, they punch above their weight to continue to develop a reputation of delivering cost effective imaginative ideas, with a high standard of workmanship, to tight deadlines, accompanied by great levels of customer service.
Due to an existing vacancy they are looking to recruit an experienced full time site Installer to join this small team.
- Generally working as part of a small team under the direction of a site installation supervisor
- Have clear knowledge of correct working and safety practices, ensuring that you conform to all the latest health & safety & employment legislation, you will act responsibly and safely at all times to promote a positive safety culture
- Read and understand the contents of relevant risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Careful and concise work. Taking pride in accuracy and attention to detail
- Ensuring all work is completed in line with approved drawings and specifications and meeting or exceeding the customers quality expectations
- Problem solving /working using own initiative
- To undertake any reasonable tasks requested by your supervisor/company management
- A good knowledge of correct working and safety practices on site
- A practical aptitude & comprehensive experience of hand and power tools
- Proven experience of installation work on site covering either, structural steelwork, metal staircases and balustrades, architectural metalwork and glass
- Extensive experience in the role of an installer which will have been within the steel fabrication or architectural metalwork industry
- Site fabrication ability & experience would be advantageous
Qualification & Education:
- Good general education, with good levels of basic Maths and English
- Valid CSCS card, PASMA, & IPAF or CPSCS
- Hold a full driving licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- Fabrication/Welding skills
- First Aid Certificates
- TIG, MIG & or Stick Welding experience is preferable
- A significant level of fitness is required as this can be a very active position
- Ability to work at heights
- Willingness to travel to various sites around the UK with overnight stays where required
- You are driven, setting high standards for yourself and others, and pay great attention to detail with a strong sense of aesthetics
- As a flexible and ambitious individual, you are looking to build an opportunity within a challenging work environment
- Friendly, enthusiastic and conscientious, have high standards and be described as hard working, driven and a great team player
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Site Installation Engineer, Welder, Skilled Welder, Fabricator, Welding Technician, Fabricator Welder, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, Mig Welder, Mig Fabricator, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator may also be considered for this role.