Sorry, this job has expired!
SOC Analyst / Cyber Security Analyst
Up to £50000 per annum
Job Title: SOC Analyst
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Working Hours: 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday (On occasion required to work US hours)
The Company is an exciting established Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Their customers include some of the best-known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia.
Today, their aim is simple: To help their customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what’s refreshingly different about them.
They work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic, and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Their cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, they are a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. They are serious about what they do, but they certainly have a sense of humour. The Company is brimming with friendly, energetic, and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of their unique success story.
Their values sit at the heart of their culture and are summarised below.
- They Encourage and support everyone to grow
- They Challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others.
- As trusted advisors, they use their Knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for clients
- They take personal Ownership to strive for excellence in whatever they do
- They are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true Humanity
To support their success, they’re seeking an exceptional SOC Analyst to join their innovative and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a role with future career progression prospects. Working with fast-growing technology company you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technologies.
- Monitor, investigate and respond to security events.
- Carry out Vulnerability scans and assessments of the Company’s Physical and cloud-based infrastructure
- Tuning of various security tools to ensure high fidelity, actionable alerts are produced
- Investigate complex security events and alerts
- Research Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Monitor threat intelligence to ensure the Company’s estate is protected against existing and emerging threats
- Carry out threat hunting
- Previous security analyst experience – monitoring, investigating, alerting and reporting security threats
- Experience on SIEM tools preferably Splunk
- Experience of IDS/IPS systems (FireSight)
- Experience of Security Scanning for physical and cloud-based environments (Nessus)
- A good understanding of threats and threat vectors
- A sound knowledge of networking and traffic flow
- The ability to work unsupervised and under pressure and commit
- A sound understanding of security technologies and their function within a networked environment
- Understanding of operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SIEM content creation
- CISSP or equivalent
- CEH / OSCP or equivalent
- SANS training – 503/504
- Splunk training
- Sourcefire training
- Knowledge of NIST, GDPR, ISO27001, PCI DSS etc.
- Previous experience with packet capturing tools and analysis
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Cyber Security Analyst, ICT Security Expert, Systems Developer, Architecture Information Security Specialist, Information Technology Security Specialist, Information Technology Security, Security Architect, Information Security Consultant, Information Technology Security Consultant, Senior Information Technology Security Officer, Information Technology Security Architect, Security Manager will also be considered for this role.