£45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Primarily home based but will need to commute occasionally to London & Southend
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum, depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is a privately-owned business providing insurance solutions for over 30 years to some of the most well-respected brands, insurance partners and financial intermediaries.
Specialising in general insurance including Home and Travel, they offer their partners an end-to-end service; from product and quote platform design through to sales and retention.
Always with an eye on innovation they’re now branching out into motoring technological solutions. They are now one of the largest employers in South East Essex with around 180 staff, award winning services and cutting-edge technology.
They invest in the careers of all staff through training, qualifications and by providing a pro-active learning environment. They understand the importance of staff wellbeing and maintaining a good work/life balance and provide opportunities such as flexible working and career breaks. There is a funded sports and social committee, seated acupressure massages, and fitness classes in the onsite wellbeing studio. On completion of probation they also provide an excellent benefits package that includes life assurance, pension scheme, medical cover, permanent health insurance and much more.
They are seeking a talented full stack senior developer to become part of a fast-paced, agile C# development team at their head office in Southend on Sea. The successful candidate will be charged with delivering flexible, robust and innovative solutions that meet Business and Partner requirements. This senior developer role gives the opportunity to work with a number of well-known partners.
This position is primarily working from home with occasional commuting to London & Essex.
- Following company agreed methodology to maintain and update an in-house web and back office system according to business needs
- Leading on innovate design solutions; from new product development, enhanced customer engagement
- Contributing to Project and Change Requests with relevant solutions and ensure all software development complies with the overall I.T design and architecture strategy
- Engaging in the full development lifecycle from analysis and implementation to testing, debugging, release and handover
- Creating clear, concise documentation based on company templates to record all changes made
Skills and Experience:
- At least two years commercial experience in software development position
- Relational and non-relational database technologies (ideally SQL Server).
- Design code that adheres to the SOLID principles
- Proactive and highly organised with strong time management and planning skills including the use of Kanban
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and documentation.
- Used to reviewing business requirements (functional/non-functional) and technical specifications
- Web: Bootstrap
- Tools: JIRA, Bitbucket
- Data Frameworks: NET, Dapper, MSSQL/TSQL
- Http Services: WebAPI, WCF, Web Services, HttpHandlers
- Testing Frameworks: NUnit, XUnit, Moq
- Source Control: SVN, TFS/Azure DevOps, Git
- Continuous Integration: Azure DevOps, Bitbucket Pipelines
- IoC: Ninject, Autofac, Microsoft Dependency Injection
- Cloud Infrastructure: Microsoft Azure
- Others: Mobile app development, Xamarin, DevOps
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent in experience
As no relocation or sponsorship packages will be provided, only applicants who are currently residing in, and are eligible to work in, the UK will be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Due to the volume of applications they receive they’re unable to contact all candidates. Therefore if you have not heard back within 10 working days please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Software Developer, Developer, Programmer, Software Programming, Software Development, IT Developer, C Developer, Technical Developer, SQL Server, IT Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer, Electronics Hardware Engineer will also be considered for this role.