Sorry, this job has expired!
Special Projects Manager / Project Engineer
Job Title: Special Projects Manager
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary Range: Competitive
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
The Company aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies – spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnets. Originally established in 2009 to design and develop small spherical tokamaks and compact fusion reactors for a range of applications, since then, they have unlocked a new route to scalable fusion power that is cost-effective and do not require huge infrastructure and capital expenditure. The technology will revolutionise the world’s energy production – it will be possible to produce more energy, more cheaply and with fewer harmful side effects (e.g. with no long-term nuclear waste or carbon emissions).
The company’s innovation has been featured on Channel 4 news, BBC News Click, Reuters internet news channel and they received a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum. This is the chance to join a fast-growing high technology company with an agile, dynamic team.
The Company’s pursuit of the goal of fusion energy has already led to the development of HTS magnet technology with a range of other applications. In future that company may develop additional technology with wider applications outside fusion energy. This is a new role for a leader who will build a team to commercially exploit HTS magnets and other technology for non-fusion applications.
- Build a business unit to commercially exploit HTS magnets and other technology for non-fusion applications
- Assessment of the market opportunities
- Deep understanding of the technology and intellectual property that the company has developed, and will continue to develop
- Assessment of, and engagement with, prospective partners for technology development and commercialisation
- Management and delivery of technology and market development projects
- Planning and executing the most cost- and time-effective route to market
- Demonstration and communication of the value created by the business unit, even before licence income starts to flow
- Identification of intellectual property and briefing of patent agents
- Technical ability (knowledge and experience). This must include experience of super-conducting magnet engineering
- Professional expertise and/or qualifications as an engineer
- Decision-making, problem-solving, planning and organising
- Ability to communicate and relate to others (oral / written)
- Leading and developing others – line management
- Analysis and research
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after one years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependent on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months’ service
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Engineer, Engineering Project Management, Project Management, Super Conducting Magnet Engineering, Engineering Graduate, Operations Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Engineering Manager, Project Coordinator may also be considered for this role.