Sorry, this job has expired!
Stores Material Controller / Stock Control – Spare Parts
Job Title: Stores Material Controller
Salary: Competitive dependant on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 20th April 2021
Argent Energy is the UK’s leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Our main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005.
Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities have been built in the Stanlow area. We specialise in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
Purpose of the Role:
We’re currently looking for a Stores Material Controller who will provide materials support for a busy bio-diesel production plant. Our aim is to have the right spares, at the right time, every time, so that we can maximise safe production.
You will take pride in maintaining high standards and the stores will be a key part of improving the sites performance. You will set up the site’s inventory of spare parts in our new warehouse, then mange the inventory levels using max/min re-ordering. You will tightly control the receiving, recording, and issuing of spares using Argent’s inventory management system.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Accurately inspect and receive materials, PPE, tools, equipment and returns using the site’s stores management system
- Occasional out of hours work will be required to support shutdowns or other busy periods
- Create and maintain stores Standard Operating Procedures
- Take pride in keeping the stores clean and tidy
- Continually improve the stock management process by, for instance, working to improve the availability of spares or reduce the amount of stock not signed out
- Manage the issue and control of higher value items of PPE and tools
- Support the maintenance team by dispatching and tracking equipment that requires overhaul. For pre-planned jobs, prepare material kits in advance
- Make deliveries and stock movements within the warehouse and around site safely, using the correct equipment and PPE
- Develop bills of materials linking the spare parts to the relevant equipment, working closely with the maintenance team
- Work with the site team to set maximum and minimum re-order levels for stocked items, based on their lead time, consumption, cost and criticality to the site
- Complete accurate requisitions for spare parts using pre-agreed vendors or by working with the procurement team to ensure value for money
- Complete stock checks to demonstrate the accuracy of the warehouse management. These will be an important input to the sites annual audit process. Escalate variances with the maintenance manager
- Use the stores management system to place stocked items in the correct warehouse location
- Work closely with the site team so that non-stock materials are issued quickly to the correct person
- Ensuring that all receipts match their purchase order so that stock and invoice payment are accurate
Safety, Health and Environment
- Carry out all activities in line with the Company’s SH&E rules and guidelines
- Always wear Personal Protection Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care
- Always work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately
- Ensure all staff and visitors operate in compliance with Safety Regulations
- Make yourself aware of all Emergency procedures and Responses
- Experience of similar stores’ management
- Experience of procurement on a production site useful
- A full driving licence
- Computer literate in excel and a stock management system
- Methodical and organised, able to work on own initiative
- Pride in your workplace and the service you give to the site
- A Forklift licence or willing to qualify
- A good knowledge of production plant equipment (desirable)
Please click the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to the company’s careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Inventory Administrator, Parts Controller, Stock Control Assistant, Materials Planner, Stock Controller, Stock Movement Coordinator, Good Inwards, Good Outwards, Inventory Controller, Inventory Coordinator may also be considered for this role.