Subject Pathway Lead
Up to £38000 per annum
Job Title: Subject Pathway Lead
Location: Remote Working with a requirement to attend the office up to 4 times a month
Salary: From £38,000
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 27th January 2021
The Company is the professional and representative association for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers, and other legal practitioners and paralegals. It regulates all its members in the public interest. With over 35 years’ experience in distance learning, and a leading role in legal apprenticeships since their introduction in 2013, they pride themselves in offering effective, high quality, and accessible training for the legal sector.
The Company’s purpose is to enable people to follow their dream of becoming a legal professional regardless of the barriers that society and the traditional educational system puts before them.
They’re looking to recruit Six Pathway Leads to provide subject leadership on specialist legal pathways across their Law School Programmes. The subject areas they are recruiting for are Dispute Resolution, Property, Family Practice, Criminal Practice, Probate Practice, Business and Employment.
As a member of the friendly and supportive Law School team, you will take responsibility for a subject pathway, developing resources and supporting the teaching team to maintain the highest of educational standards.
You will be based at home, with the requirement to attend occasional meetings. A driver’s licence valid in the UK, vehicle and reliable internet connection are essential.
Your role will require you to:
- Create engaging and pedagogically sound course texts and supporting learning resources
- Develop Law School courses
- Deliver engaging online teaching sessions with an emphasis on the development of practical skills
- Support students in the development of their underpinning knowledge and workplace skills
- Drive student engagement and success rates in your area of specialism
- Manage freelance and employed tutors
- Be the subject matter expert for your area of specialism
- Represent the organisation at external events
What they’re looking for:
The post holders will be subject matter experts with the ability to create engaging and innovative resources to support the new CILEx Professional Qualification. You will need to be proactive, a great motivator and an effective decision maker.
What they offer in return:
- Remote Working (with an expectation to attend meetings where required following social distancing guidelines)
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- A Health & Wellbeing focus
- Access to their training and development Learning Hub
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be redirected to the Company’s website.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Law Teacher, Head of Department, Subject Lead, Tutor, Lecturer, Law School Tutor, Legal Trainer, Law School Student Advisor, Law School Support will also be considered for this role.