Up to £17500 per annum
Job Title: Support Worker
Based: Solihull and Erdington
Salary: £17,500 per annum
Closing Date for applications: 16th June 2020
The Trust is a charity with a proud history of supporting people in need for over 150 years. They offer access to opportunities, hope and a place to belong. They do this by providing safe, secure, affordable and well maintained housing, residential and extra care housing, delivering floating support to people in need over the age of 55 or to those with more complex multiple needs and education & support to young people from disadvantaged communities.
This is a time of exciting growth and development at the Trust and they are proud of their history but excited for the future. With this in mind they have reviewed the way they deliver support within the housing services.
They are looking for a full time Support Worker whose main purpose is to provide an intensive housing management service with a focus on wellbeing within the Trust’s housing and the wider community, helping to maximise independence, sustain social networks and help people feel safe.
This role is based in Shirley, Solihull but the role also covers the Erdington housing scheme and may include occasional travel to outreach sites in the West Midlands.
- Act as the first point of contact for residents within the Trust and the wider community to enable them to maintain their homes and live independently
- Carry out accompanied viewings to assess applicant’s housing needs ensuring the accommodation is right for the applicant
- Help residents sustain their independence at home by ensuring that they have an understanding of housing issues, rights and responsibilities
- Assist and/or signpost residents to the Trust’s benefits and advice role to maximise their income, ensuring they are claiming the appropriate benefits
- Coordinate suitable social events and activities to promote services, encourage resident involvement, and maximise usage of communal spaces
- Encourage resident involvement in the development and operation of the service, facilitating appropriate consultation and participation
- Assist with the completion of applications and assessments for new applicants to the service
- Complete referrals for aids and adaptations to be installed in and around the home where required, including assistive technology
- Undertake regular security and health and safety checks in and around homes and schemes.
- Review working practices on a regular basis, ensuring continuous improvement and a high level of service to residents
- Develop individual support plans with residents which identify independence, health, welfare and social needs
- Assist residents to achieve support plan objectives
- The ability to accept responsibility for decisions taken and work on own initiative, within guidelines
- Capability to respond quickly to changes that will impact upon service delivery.
- An ability to handle complaints sensitivity
- Ability to resolve conflict in a calm and confident manner
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally with residents, local groups and partner agencies
- The ability to work alone and as part of a wider Housing team
- The ability to use IT software and packages proficiently
- The ability to understand health and safety legislation
- To work within and promote the Trust’s values
- You will be required to undertake or assist with site visits and therefore must be able and willing to travel efficiently from location to location
- Car driver and access to own vehicle
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate
What they offer:
They will continue to reward their staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, they celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Home Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Assistant, Carer, Housing Assistant, Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Social Worker, Residential Care Worker, Support Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Residential Care Support, Social Care, Care Assist, NVQ2, QCF may also be considered for this role.