Support Worker / Care Assistant / Youth Social Support
£9.04 - £10.03 per hour + 30 days paid annual leave and benefits
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Bromyard, Herefordshire
Salary: £9.04 – £10.03 per hour plus 30 days paid annual leave and benefits
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The Lodge provides residential support for young adults aged 18 years and over, who have a severe learning disability, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours, mental health and other complex needs. Within the campus they have a range of activities including a leisure barn, sensory room, plenty of space for bikes and go-carts, walks within the grounds, a woodland area and adult size park equipment. They offer a range of homely activities to include puzzles and games of their choice, themed evenings, cinema nights, as well as offering support in life skills such as cooking simple meals.
You will support the residents of the Lodge both at home and in the community, offering choice, encouraging independence and supporting in a wide range of activities. Your duties will also include, personal care, and administering medication.
You will work a three week rolling rota pattern, enjoying every 3rd weekend complete off work. The shifts are:
07:30 – 14:30
14:00 – 21:30
- To maximise the potential capabilities of all residents – physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially
- To work in accordance with the general philosophy of care at the Lodge
- To successfully complete the Care Certificate
- To support the personalised development of each Resident
- To respect the dignity and individuality of each Resident
- To ensure a high standard of personal care for each Resident, including matters of physical well being and personal hygiene
- To be aware of the emotional needs and aspirations of each Resident
- To work on a rostered shift system inclusive of some evening and weekend work
- To work within the residential environment providing developmental support to residents
- You will be jointly responsible for the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults in their care, it is a requirement of this role that you adhere to all relevant safeguarding policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the Transport policy, to drive company vehicles as and when required
- To fully engage with residents and take part in activities and leisure pursuits, including physical activities such as sports
- On successful completion of the probationary period, or at the Residential Care Managers discretion, the duty of ‘Keyworker’ can be assigned to an RSW.
- The ability to work under pressure in challenging circumstances
- The ability to work on ones own initiative and as part of a committed team
- Knowledge and understanding of what the role involves and a clear appreciation of its challenges and its rewards
- An ability to identify and undertake any training necessary to develop within the role
- Good sense of humour.
- Calm and even tempered.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- To have a commitment to and an understanding of the care of those with severe learning difficulties and challenging behaviours.
- A natural respect for the dignity and individuality of residents. Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times and have due respect for the diverse make up of colleagues and those in their care.
- A good standard of written and verbal communication.
- A valid current driving licence.
They welcome applications from people who don’t see this as just a job but a real chance to make a difference in the lives of the young people they support. If you’re passionate about a career in care then come and join the team!
In return for your hard work and commitment, they will offer a support network of experienced care professionals, a rewarding career path and the promise that no working day will be the same!
- Good Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid induction and training time
- Paid sick pay (after qualifying period)
- Good internal progression opportunities
- 30 days paid annual leave
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter in for this job.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Mentoring Support Worker, Youth Development Worker, Youth Support Worker, Youth Mentor, Counsellor, Youth Training & Development Worker, Youth Community Worker, Youth Support, Young Person’s Mentor, Social Worker, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Management, Care Support Worker, Support Coordinator, Care Manager, Support Manager, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Guidance Councillor, Young Persons Advisor, Youth Worker, Youth Support, Housing Advisor, Vulnerable Adult, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Support, Residential Care Worker, Care Assistant, Recovery Social Worker, Recovery Support Worker, Care Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support and Social Care will also be considered for this role.