Sorry, this job has expired!
Support Worker / Carer
Up to £23400 per annum
Job Title: Support Worker/Care Assistant
Salary: Up to £23,400 D.O.E & Qualifications
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for people interested in a rewarding career helping adults with learning disabilities to unlock their full potential
Using the Montessori way of learning (full training will be provided) could you help our service users acquire skills to enjoy a full life as part of their community?
Do you believe the role of a Support Worker is more than just meeting basic needs?
If so, you may be the exceptional individual we’re looking for.
Provide safe, professional and high quality person-centred active support to clients, working with them to ensure they are empowered to take control of their life, promoting autonomy, independence, and development of new skills. Support access to a wider range of opportunities and engage in activities alongside others.
Part-time positions are also available for this role.
- Provide a safe environment in which to support clients, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures to meet our statutory and contractual requirements.
- Create and deliver activities that support clients to develop their skills and capabilities, adapting these and the environment to the individual needs of clients, to enrich their lives and promote choice within the home and in the community.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with clients based on mutual trust and respect to ensure emotional and social support is provided to the client to develop positive behaviours.
- Promote an environment which encourages positive relations with clients’ family and friends to ensure a diversity of support and integration for the client.
- Share the daily life of clients, providing personalised support to them in all living activities (including personal hygiene, cooking, eating, care of the home, laundry, shopping, managing finances, accessing professional services such as GPs, dentists), to ensure each client’s individual needs are met so they can live as normal and healthy a life as possible, and promoting choice and autonomy.
- Complete, maintain and supply documentation to ensure relevant information is accurately recorded in line with company procedures and compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Contribute to the initial and ongoing assessment of clients’ needs and capabilities, through careful observation and sharing of information across the team to ensure that all aspects of support for clients continues to be tailored to their individual needs and goals.
- Communicate and act to promote teamwork across staff and with other professionals, ensuring high standards of service delivery in accordance with the best interests of the client.
- Ensure own and, where appropriate, others’ actions reduce risks to health and safety in compliance with statutory legislation and company policy.
- Undertake any other duties as required from time to time by the contract.
- 8 weeks annual leave (pro-rata) including bank holidays
- Free meals when on shift during recognised meal times
- Progressive sick pay scheme
- Healthcare scheme
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Support Worker, Carer, Health Care Assistant, Home Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Residential Care Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Enabler, Care Worker, Support Assistant, Care Helper, Care Assist, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support, Social Care, NVQ2 may also be considered for this role.