Sorry, this job has expired!
Tank Operator / HGV Driver – Tanker / Class 1 Driver
Job Title: Tank Operator (Pre-Treatment Plant)
Location: Ellesmere Port, Stanlow
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 1st January 2019
Purpose of the Role:
The main responsibility for a Tank Operator (Pre-Treatment Plant), known within this document as PTP), is to carry out the day to day operations within the PTP for the unloading of material into the PTP designated tanks or FOG pits. To load tankers when required with glycerine, Low FFA Oil or Cat 3 AD Feedstock.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that all deliveries are unloaded into the correct tank/ location
- Competent in unloading a tanker/Iso Tank/Flexi tank into correct tank/Fog pit
- Competent in loading a tanker with either LFFA Oil, Glycerine or Cat 3 AD Feedstock
- Competent in the use of the weighbridge
- Competent and able to carry out basic laboratory testing for all products delivered into the PTP
- Competent and trained in the operation of equipment safely in the FOG pit area, what actions to take in an emergency, location of emergency stops
- Competent in how to make equipment safe, lock out process, location of electrical starters, local manual valves
- Understand the basic material hazards process fluids, and utilities
- Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values
- To comply with all legal, regulatory and statutory obligations applicable to the role
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience within a similar role desired but not essential
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Good organisational and customer service skills
- The ability to deal with Complaints and disputes and find a resolution
- The ability to problem solve
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A team player who can motivate, challenge and manage various individuals to work together to achieve the same goal
- Understanding the planning, and movement of essential products in an out of the plant
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience of HGV, LGV, HGV Driver, HGV Class 1 Driver, Class 1 Driver, Tanker, Class I Driver, Driver Class I, Truck Driver, Lorry Driver, Heavy Goods Vehicle Driver, Logistics Operator, Logistics Operative, Warehouse Operative, Fluid Container Unloader, Warehouse Unloader may also be considered for this role.