Sorry, this job has expired!
Technical Manager / Process Safety Manager / Quality Manager
£45500 - £49500 per annum
Job Title: Technical Manager
Salary: £45,500 to £49,500 per annum dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Based in Blackburn, The Company is a leading pet food manufacturer whose industry knowledge spans over 135 years.
Each of their brand offers a unique insight into animals from dogs to ducks and produces high-quality products that cater to a wide variety of consumer needs. As a trusted partner, they provide private label goods including extruded food, wet food and retorted trays, and baked fresh meat treats.
The business also offers additional services such as packaging design, fulfilment and logistics. With a broad range of capabilities and distribution channels worldwide, they are proud to be a major supplier to the UK grocery, independents and pet speciality sectors.
We are looking for a Technical Manager who will take on the responsibility for maintaining their Quality Management System across all their sites. You will manage all Technical, QA and Hygiene functions onsite and have a significant role within the NPD process. You will be working closely with site management and production staff.
Responsible for product safety, quality and legality from handover from NPD through to delivery to the consumer, as Technical Manager you will be the site point of contact for nutritional and feeding queries and control product specifications.
- Responsible for product safety, quality and legality from handover from NPD through to delivery to the consumer
- Site point of contact for nutritional and feeding queries
- Control product specifications
- Technical approval of all artwork
- Manage the hygiene team
- Develop and maintain the Hygiene Management System
- Be the site contact and lead for audits and site visits
- Ensure improvement plans for customer complaints and non-conformances
- To ensure factory compliance with the Quality Management System
- To maintain the QMS and HACCP files/systems
- To ensure factory adherence to the internal audit schedule
- To ensure factory complies and passes BRC audit status
- Product awareness – be aware of products within the market place
- Provide technical support to QA, production & commercial as and when required
- If appropriate attend relevant industry-related association meetings e.g. PFMA
- Maintain current pricing data for all recipes and develop least-cost recipes when appropriate
- Maintain claim substantiation files
- Conduct raw material/supplier risk assessments
- Be the site’s contact with Trading Standards and DEFRA in relation to product integrity
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent basis
- Must be fluent in English, written and verbal
- Polite, courteous well presented
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated
- A flexible, enthusiastic, and committed attitude
- 5 years experience as a Technical manager or Quality manager in a food company
- Advanced food safety
- Intermediate HACCP
- Experience of delivering BRC accreditation
- To be computer literate
- An understanding of animal nutrition
Core working hours are between 8.30 – 5.00 however due to the nature of the role, some out of hours working will be required.
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Senior Technical Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Team Leader, Process safety Leader, Process Safety Team Leader, Safety Manager, Process Safety Manager, Technical Manager, Process Engineer, Technical Process Safety Engineer may also be considered for this role.