Sorry, this job has expired!
Technical Officer Fire Safety / Fire Safety Specialist
£25674 - £27255 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Title: Technical Officer Fire Safety
Salary: £25,674 – £27,255 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 3rd November 2020
At the Council, they think diversity drives improvement. They are many different people, with different cultures, backgrounds and ideas, but they all share the same passion for providing great service to their community.
A career with them is rewarding in lots of different ways. They are an ambitious authority and their vision for Lincoln is set to transform the city in the coming years.
They’re not like any other council. It’s a hive of talented, innovative, dedicated, high performing staff who are committed to delivering the best possible outcomes for the people they serve in the communities of Lincoln and they recognise that people are their most valuable asset.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the Department of Housing and Investment, to join the Safety Assurance Team as a fire safety specialist. The legislative changes occurring in building safety has seen the requirement to expand their fire safety expertise within Housing. The successful applicant will join a team specialising in fire risk and asbestos risk. The role offers autonomy to set work, to ensure in scope properties are appropriately assessed and to support wider fire safety activity across the Council.
- Work under the general direction of the Fire Safety Assurance Manager within DHI to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice in asbestos management and all health and safety matters relating to DHI and a construction industry.
- Work to create a positive health and safety culture by delivering against the Council’s health and safety policies, procedures and guidance
- Level 3 Fire Safety Certificate or above and last 3 years’ experience carrying out Fire Risk Assessment’s
- Member of the professional body, Institute Fire Engineers at Technical grade
- Thorough understanding of health and safety legislation and statutory requirements and the application of such to provide sensible and proportionate advice
- Experience in producing both fire safety and health & safety site specific risk assessments, surveys, reports and other such documentation
- Ability to explain and communicate complex information in a clear and simple manner to a range of organisations and individuals, through reports, verbal briefings and presentations
- Understanding of the consequences in operating outside of health and safety and related legislation and Council policies and procedures
- Experience of conducting health & safety site inspections
What they can offer:
- 26 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays, will be increased to 28 days for 5 years of service and an extra day per further 5 years, for a maximum 31 days
- Access to a local government pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Entitled to an Employee Benefits scheme which offers discounts on various activities such as gym membership, shopping, holidays and cinema tickets.
Please click the APPLY button go through the Council Website and fill in the application form for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Fire & Safety Officer, Technical Fire & Safety Officer, Fire Risk Assessment Officer, Fire Safety & Building Officer may also be considered for this role.