Sorry, this job has expired!
Technical Sales Consultant/ IT Sales Specialist- Digital Agency
£28000 - £32000 per annum
Job Title: Technical Sales Consultant
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
An award-winning web development agency are looking for a great digital solution problem-solver to help expand their prestigious client base, design bespoke solutions and generate new revenues.
As a Technical Sales Consultant you will use your knowledge of web development along with client consulting skills to sell digital development services tailored to each client’s needs. Their services include web design, software development, responsive CMS websites (open source), mobile apps and custom web applications.
They’re looking for an enthusiastic analyst who can quickly grasp client requirements and pitch solutions to them, from a high-level technical perspective. You should be confident in conveying how your bespoke solution best meets client needs and get real enjoyment out of helping clients to achieve their aims.
Their clients include public sector bodies, government departments, private sector businesses and charities and you will develop strong partnerships with them, quickly understanding their strategic agendas. You will use your business acumen to assist the company in evolving and designing new digital services to better support clients.
- Requirements analysis – elicit functional and non-functional requirements from client
- Solution design – liaise with in-house experts, designers and developers to identify best-fit services and solutions
- Create clear, concise Functional Specifications for clients’ solutions
- Pitching – present your solution to clients’ decision-makers
- Identify innovative or trending technologies and services and explain their value to clients
- Contribute to new service design and suggest improvements
- Maintain timely, proactive and responsive client communications
- Manage client relationships over the long-term, to maintain excellent retention rates
- Calculate and negotiate sale prices/terms to suit both the client and the company, successfully contributing to revenue targets
- Assist in identifying new clients who might benefit from the company’s services
- Contribute to resources and supporting materials to support sales and tendering activity
You should be at ease discussing business requirements for websites, software and databases with clients and be able to translate them into technical requirements for discussion with the team of developers. You don’t need to be able to implement the solutions yourself, but your broad understanding of web development and software solutions will enable you to communicate effectively with both client and the technical team.
Your background should include the following:
- A degree in a digital/web/software development or related subject or significant experience in a related field
- Good knowledge of software development processes, website development and web technologies
- Proven experience working in a digital environment, ideally in a technical or sales-related role
- Experience of working successfully in a client-facing role
- Proven experience of delivering sales, writing proposals and making client presentations in a web/technical environment
Can you bring the following to the role?
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Good presenter with good commercial and business acumen
- Calm under pressure; with the ability to manage client expectations effectively
- Creatively solve problems and think analytically
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude
- Resilience and flexibility, able to adapt to clients’ needs and emerging sector trends
- Enthusiasm for all things digital and a helpful team member
- An organised and open way of working
What they offer:
If you think this is you, they’d love to hear from you, it is a really important role for them, and for the right candidate, the salary will be between £28,000 to £32,000 per annum. They operate a 35 hour week, Monday to Friday and pride themselves on their supportive working environment
They also offer a contributory pension scheme, a group life assurance scheme, free eye tests, a cycle to work scheme and a programme of social events. They’re based in vibrant Liverpool City Centre and you will work in a team of friendly, dedicated staff who look forward to welcoming you and working with you to grow the business.
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; IT Sales Coordinator, Technical Sales Executive, Web Designer, Technical Account Manager, Software Developer, Sales Executive, Software Solutions Architect may also be considered for this role.