Sorry, this job has expired!
Materials Specialist / Materials Engineer
Job Title:Materials Specialist / Materials Engineer
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 6WR
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They’re a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The Technical Specialist role is required to provide a link between customer and supplier to ensure that they provide exceptional technical support to customers and that the product range is kept up to date and sold in a way that is legally compliant and maximises sales and profit.
The primary functions are that of customer technical support, product management and management of regulatory requirements.
- To respond to customer technical requests in an efficient and courteous manner
- To process technical enquiries received by email, phone, fax and letter
- Product range management and new product development through liaising with Suppliers, customers and also working with the Operations team to ensure effective stock turn
- To provide customer technical support to the Strategic Account Managers and Business Development Managers through supporting in dual customer visits or by direct customer contact face to face or by telephone
- To proactively identify and respond to potential sales, purchasing or marketing opportunities and regularly report progress of these activities to Management
- To develop and improve relationships between the Company and existing or potential customers and suppliers
- To be a proactive member of the Sales group
- To provide a technical support role to the Purchasing and Estimating teams
- To produce and provide support for all regulatory requirements including but not limited to REACH, SDS, Export licences, Tariffs, MSDSs, Dangerous goods and customer classifications
- Provide training for internal departments as required
- A degree qualification in Materials Science/Engineering or similar discipline, with an extensive knowledge in Ceramic and Functional Materials
- Knowledge in analysis and review of materials characterisation techniques
- Ability to team work, drive communication and collaboration, ability to work on own initiative, proactive approach
- Developing influencing, negotiating and relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Creative and results driven
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills including writing and editing PowerPoint or Prezi
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, ability to extract data
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel and be away from the office on an infrequent basis
- Knowledge and practical ability in the processing and production of (especially) ceramic materials
- More than 3 years’ experience in an engineering industry
- Experience in other Materials sectors (metals, polymers etc.)
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Technical Customer Service Representative, Client Support Engineer, Technical Product Support, Technical Support Executive, Customer Support Engineer, Materials Support, Ceramic Product Support, Technical Support, Technical Client Support, Product Support Technician may also be considered for this role.