Technical Support Engineer / Training Engineer – Electrical/Gas
Job Title: Technical Support & Training Engineer
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The company is the major care home service provider across the UK for laundry equipment and pride themselves on providing market-leading service and support to all customers.
They’re currently looking for an experience Engineer to join the team to provide the highest level of technical support to the service department and customers, including Engineers, both remotely and onsite. The role should seek to reduce the requirements of onsite attendance by engineers through remote problem solving and improve the first-time fix rate by ensuring the correct job information, correct spare parts, and the engineer with the required skillset are sent to site.
You’ll ensure that, through training, observation and auditing, the company’s technical and service staff’s working knowledge is to the highest standards on laundry products, laundry processes and best practises and to remain compliant with all relevant legislation – as a minimum level of attainment.
You will also make certain that electrical and general working best practices and qualifications are meeting and exceeding both the company’s and legal requirements.
You will be expected to ensure customers are trained on the use of the supplied laundry equipment and best laundry practices, while also providing input for machine quality improvements.
- To provide 1st line technical support to the service team and customers on the full range of both the company’s and 3rd party products
- To monitor for potential and actual multi visit jobs and provide technical input to facilitate a successful and speedy resolution
- To monitor and assist with in-house machine repairs, to ensure they are completed to a high standard, according to agreed timeline and budget
- Collate and report on machine quality issues for feedback to HQ to ensure full resolution
- Advise on changing requirements for critical main stock, van stock and assist in the identification of parts and spare part numbers
- Working with all technical departments of product suppliers to collate and manage the documentation, then update service personnel on new products and technical bulletins
- To make recommendations that will reduce the costs, improve the quality and efficiency of their customer service
- Liaise with the Technical Dept. and 3rd parties to provide relevant training courses
- Produce training documentation and ensure this is maintained and relevant
- Identification of training needs within the Field Service team
- Identify technical training courses for Field Service Engineers and Office staff as required
- Maintain a technical training register of Field Service Engineers
- Investigate when requested, customer complaints and see through problematic jobs to a satisfactory conclusion in a timely manner
- Work to Health & Safety legislation at all times
- Other reasonable activities as requested by the business
Experience Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Electrical qualifications at least to City and Guilds level
- Gas qualified in Commercial and Laundry
- Proven customer-centric approach, able to build relationships, listen, understand, analyse and act on written and verbal communication
- Must have a customer-centric approach, able to build relationships, listen, understand, and work with key departments and contractors to ensure total customer satisfaction
- Must have good communication skills to enable interaction with multiple stakeholders and customers
- Must have a ‘free thinking’ and can-do attitude
- Must be highly organised and confident in working to tight deadlines, dealing with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently on a daily basis and also be a strong “team player” within a team
What They Offer You:
You can be part of a growing team where the culture is characterised by teamwork, leadership and opportunity! They offer a competitive wage and benefit package including 25 days holiday, private medical, pension and life assurance.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Electrician, Customer Training Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Gas Qualified, Customer Support Engineer, Electrical Technician, Remote Maintenance Engineer, Machinery Support may also be considered for this role.