Trade Finance Officer
Job Title: Trade Finance Officer
Location: London (W1W 8TF)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
As a team member in the Trade Finance and Settlement Department, you will be responsible for your assigned role and should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure
- Prioritise tasks and resources so as to maximise efficiency and cost
- Emotional stability and attention to detail
- Awareness of the importance of customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and profitability of the bank
You will be responsible for the following activities:
- Documents Checking
- Advised and Confirmed Letters of Credit
- Issued Letter of Credit
- Back to Back Letters of Credit
- Transferred Letter of Credit
- Guarantees and Bonds
- Bills for Collections
- Substitution of documents on Back to Back LCs and Transferable LCs
- Discrepancy handling
- Advise of rejection to (Beneficiary, Presenting Bank and Issuing Bank)
- Record Acceptance on the system and advice beneficiary of maturity date.
- Chasers to Issuing banks on Documents forwarded on approval basis
- Daily review of related reports.
- Ensure appropriate internal ledger entries passed.
- Arrange courier of documents to issuing or confirming bank.
- Ensure archiving of all documents and complete documentation on file.
- Respond to queries and enquiries from beneficiaries or issuing banks.
- Review of past due Collections.
- Produce required MIS on work area
This is a small team and flexibility is required of all staff. Other duties will be assigned from time to time, including:
- Advising and amendment function where required
- Payments and reimbursement function where required
- General support to other team members where required.
- To support the Funds Transfers team where required.
- Degree or equivalent plus relevant experience in Trade Finance operations
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experienced back office professional with strong analytical skills and a proven track record in the financial services industry, preferably a commercial bank.
- Must have an understanding of the International Trade operations framework of a financial institution and knowledge of general operational policies.
- Specific experience in the checking of shipping documents on Documentary Credits and associated activities
- Good experience of SWIFT and relevant message types
- General experience of Pay/Receive operations, local and foreign settlements, Documentary Collections and Funds transfers.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks
- Good understanding of Compliance requirements, including Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering and Treating Customers Fairly
- Adaptable and flexible
- Independent and innovative.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Finance Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Banking Services, Accounts Officer, Finance Officer, Financial Supervisor, Financial Services may also be considered for this role.