Job Title: Consultant Engineer
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
Job type: Full time
About Star M&E Solutions
Part of Star Refrigeration Group which is the UK’s largest independent industrial refrigeration engineering company, founded in 1970, working with customers from design to commissioning and maintenance, supported by a nationwide branch structure. The company is comprised of six business units and currently has around 400 employees throughout the group. We are an Investors in People Platinum accredited employer and recognise the important role our employees play in our success which is why they are at the heart of everything we do. We aim to support and encourage our employees to pursue their interests and provide development opportunities to ensure they have rewarding and fulfilling careers.
We are looking to recruit a Trainee Design Engineer to join our experienced Design department, working in a fast-paced environment where the successful candidate will work as part of the team ensuring our reputation of high quality is upheld. The Design team is based in Derby.
Work towards agreed milestones, training will be through combination of self-study and mentoring
The successful candidate will report to the Design Engineer and will be primarily responsible for preparing Industrial Control panel design documentation in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Refrigerant Hazard Assessment
For the preparation of refrigeration hazard assessments, detailed knowledge of legislation, refrigeration safety standards and guidance is required. To carry out these assessments template documentation and calculation tools will be provided.
Whilst on site, you will be verifying the refrigeration hardware safety systems and site layout are appropriate, reviewing the clients own procedures in managing site. Where gaps are identified you will identify actions the client must take and this may include quoting and preparing emergency response plans and site inductions.
- Practical training
- Utilising Auto Cad LT
- Prepare design documentation in accordance with company standards and procedures, including to supplied Electrical Specification and documents
- Carry out calculations and selections of critical components
- Ensure best practice in design solutions
- Provide advice and troubleshooting support to colleagues
- Production of error free design documentation
- Identify scope for improvement opportunities
- Assist in implementing new design package as required
The role is suited to an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with good problem-solving skills. An appropriate & recent qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar would be advantageous.
An excellent remuneration package is available including:
- Annual leave: 35 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension: 4% non-contributory pension with option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Private Medical BUPA insurance available after 6 months of employment with additional family option
- Permanent Health Insurance: generous long-term illness cover equal to 50% of salary with continuation of company pension contributions
- Life Assurance: 6 x annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 phone line offering practical support and access to counsellors
- Star Share Ownership Plan: option to become a company shareholder through pre-tax saving scheme
If you would like the opportunity to join and develop within a growing team, please send your CV and covering letter, we would love to hear from you.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; trainee, apprentice, Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mobile Technician, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mobile Engineer, consultant engineer, junior engineer, refrigeration engineer, inspection engineer, industrial refrigeration engineer.