Sorry, this job has expired!
Trusted Assessor / Discharge Coordinator – Health / Social Care
£37000 - £40000 per annum
Job Title: Trusted Assessor
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £37,000 to £40,000 pa dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term (2 years)
Closing Date: 30th September 2019
Interview Date: 10th or 11th October 2019
The Trust is a charity with a proud history of supporting people in need for over 150 years. They offer access to opportunities, hope and a place to belong. They do this by providing safe, secure, affordable and well maintained sheltered accommodation, residential care and extra care housing for adults in their older age and education and support to young people from disadvantaged communities.
This is a new full-time post which will be funded by the Council and the CCG however you will be employed by the Trust, initially on a two year fixed term contract basis. This post aims to support and facilitate discharges from hospital to local care and nursing homes by carrying out assessments on behalf of providers of residential and nursing care. You will be pivotal in reducing delayed transfers of care from acute and community hospital settings in Solihull.
You will need to develop relationships within and work alongside discharge teams at the hospital, but will report to providers and remain independent of those discharge teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to shape a new role to meet the needs of the borough’s residents, care homes and commissioners and potentially deliver positive change by working alongside providers and patients.
- Ensuring patient assessments are completed in a timely fashion and their onward destination arranged and agreed between all relevant parties
- Liaising between care home managers and service users to facilitate discharge effectively to the agreed destination
- Partnership working with health and social care colleagues to maintain effective patient flow through the health and social care system
- Ongoing relationship development with hospital discharge teams and nursing and residential care home providers to raise the profile of the Trusted Assessor Role
- Development of the Trusted Assessor pathway and recording processes
- Ongoing development of the Trusted Assessor role, identifying ways that current culture, methodology and processes can be improved
- Ongoing communications with social care and commissioning colleagues to ensure care home market capacity is utilised in an appropriate and timely fashion, ensuring flow across the system
- Development of performance reporting regarding completed assessments, transfers to care homes, level of care home engagement etc.
- Improving the experience for people, family and carers who need support
- Experience of working at a senior level in health and/or social care setting
- Experience in assessing service users’ needs within health / social care setting
- Experience of working with individuals with complex health / social care needs, long term conditions, complex comorbidities or dementia
- Experience in resolving conflict and having challenging conversations whilst being professional
- Minimum Level 3 health and social care qualification or equivalent professional nursing qualification
- IT skills and ability to work in a flexible / mobile manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of CQC regulated activities and relevant legislation
- Car driver and access to own vehicle
- A commitment to the vision and values of the Trust
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate
What they offer:
They continue to reward staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an ‘Assessment Centre Day’ at the Trust’s Head Office in Olton, Solihull on 10th or 11th October 2019.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Discharge Coordinator, Discharge Officer, Discharge Assessment Nurse, Discharge Liaison Coordinator, Hospital Discharge Officer, Social Care, Health and Social Care Officer, Health and Social Care Assessor, Health Care Assistant, Care Support Worker, Senior Support Worker, Senior Development Worker, Home Care Worker, Senior Health Care Assistant, Support Assistant, Carer, Senior Housing Assistant, Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Social Worker, Residential Care Worker, Support Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Residential Care Support, Social Care, Care Assist will also be considered for this role