Vehicle Damage Assessor / Vehicle Damage Mentor / VDA
£28000 - £34000 per annum
Job Title: Image Engineer
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37.5 hours Monday to Friday)
The Company is the UK’s leading independent provider of fleet incident management and specialist vehicle recovery services. Due to continued growth, they are now seeking to expand their Insurance Services teams with ambitious individuals who have a passion, desire and a great attitude, to help them manage customers’ incidents, ensuring a world class customer service.
Your role is to authorise repair costs and methodology using industry data taking all aspects of the claim into consideration. You will take technical calls, produce inspection reports, and make total loss decisions whilst authorising supplementary estimates. You will engage with the network to develop a strong working relationship with maximum efficiency.
In addition, to ensure that all customers reporting an incident receive the very highest standards of customer service and that each vehicle incident is managed to a speedy and professional resolution.
- Authorise repairs using agreed repair methodology, ensuring that the safety of the driver and quality of the repair carried out are of highest priority
- Ensure a full audit trail is available for all work carried out
- Prioritise all repair costs where the vehicle is off the road, and then in date order
- Take calls on the Technical Helpdesk line, answering repairer and customer queries
- Make decisions on potential total loss vehicles based on all case information
- Understand the services provided to clients, and what is and isn’t covered
- Understand the Approved Repairer Agreement; understand what is expected of a repairer and what they have agreed to
- Review query invoices for authorised repairs. Ensuring that the Operating Procedures are followed at all times
- Monitor and authorise Supplementary estimates for authorised work
- Obtain vehicle valuations
- Authorise claims in line with your objectives using industry systems on costing and methodology
- Make Total Loss decisions based on all case details
- Liaise with fleet managers and customers when further claim details are required
- Identify and escalate problems and queries outside area of responsibility to line manager in a timely manner
- Efficient planning and prioritisation of time to ensure accurate and speedy completion of tasks
- Play an active role in team meetings/briefings
- Actively look for continuous improvements to own performance and the performance of the team
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of their products, services and systems
- Maintain an up to date knowledge to their business and HR policies and procedures
- Consistent achievement of performance objectives and targets
- Take ownership for personal development in line with Personal Performance and Development Plan
Highly conscientious and self-motivated, with an eye for detail and proven problem solving skills, you will gain genuine satisfaction from finding ways to continually provide exceptional customer service and improve product offering.
Other skills and competencies they are looking for will include;
- An outstanding communicator
- Strong questioning and listening skills
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with customers and suppliers over the phone
- A strong team player
- Strive to ensure the achievement of personal goals as well as providing support to colleagues
- Working towards IAEA and ATA VDA qualification
- Confident user of telephone and PC
What’s in it for you?
Supporting you to be the best you can, they’ll prepare you for success right from the start. When you join them, you’ll enjoy a structured training programme and during your first 12 months, they will continue to develop you in your role through on-going coaching and support so that you have a really great first year. Your development doesn’t stop there however as you will go on to learn and build further skills and as you progress your salary will too.
You’ll enjoy some fantastic benefits too. For instance:
- Competitive salary quarterly performance bonus
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 with length of service + bank holidays
- 3x salary death-in-service benefit
- Company mobile phone and laptop provided
- Pension – 5% employee, 3% employer
- SAYE scheme (enabling you to buy discounted shares via a savings scheme)
- Opportunities to develop – training actively encouraged
- Free on-site parking or Free shuttle bus from town centre
- Free tea & coffee, on-site café
- Great modern office
The company is one of the largest fleet and accident management specialists in the UK. To apply now click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter.
Candidates with experience of; Vehicle Mechanic, Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, Vehicle Technician, Insurance Claims Handler, Claim Handler, Automotive Engineer, Vehicle Engineer, Vehicle Servicing, Motor Technician, Insurance Fraud, Insurance Claims, Moto Insurance Claims Handler, Motor Claims Handler, Automotive Servicing, MOT, MOT Tester, MOT Vehicle Technician, MOT Test Technician, Enquiries Assistant, Support Assistant, Enquiries Advisor, Customer Support, Clients Service Representative, Client Service, Customer Services, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Coordinator, Client Account Coordinator, Customer Service Administrator, Client Relationship Assistant or Business Support may also be considered for this role.