Warehouse Operative / Warehouse Assistant / Despatch Operator
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Salary: Competitive, Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (39 hours per week)
Founded in London in 1922 the company has been at the forefront of vehicle servicing & maintenance ever since. They are a business full of great people who care about their jobs, their colleagues and their customers. They are currently looking for someone to fulfil the following.
- To pick, pack despatch and receive, spares, goods and equipment into and out of the warehouse
- To assist with warehouse housekeeping
- Ensure parts and equipment are despatched correctly and on time to customers, ensuring correct paperwork and method of despatch is followed
- Ensure the correct level and method of despatch as per paperwork guidance to enable good customer service levels
- To follow safe working practices, to company and statutory requirements
- Good housekeeping in the work area (keep walkways clear etc.)
- Follow bill of materials and packing notes through to build end product as required
- Work from verbal and written instructions regarding warehouse duties
- Ability to produce and follow picking notes and despatch notes
- Ability to follow instructions and documentation relating to warehouse duties
- Forklift certificate and recent experience
- Valid driving licence
- Good interpersonal skills ability to work as part of a team.
- Liaise with internal staff and external carriage companies as required to give and receive instruction
- Able to use initiative.
- Flexible approach due to varying workloads
The Company Has a Responsibility to:
- Avoid discrimination by any of its employees against another person, or group of people
- Treat all people equally in terms of opportunities (Job offers, promotions, wages, training etc.)
- Make available the necessary equipment or environment to allow equal chances in employment
- Ensure indirect discrimination does not occur
The Directors of The Company recognise their duty to actively promote Equal opportunities for all employees and to eliminate discrimination (whether direct or indirect or perceived) in its various forms.
It is their intention to do what is reasonably practicable to ensure the company’s employment methods and procedures achieve this.
The main areas for recognised discrimination are: Age, Disability, Gender Re-assignment, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Person, Warehouse Coordinator, Goods Inwards Warehouse Operator, Warehouse Assistant, Warehouse, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Processing Coordinator, Line Operative, Production Operative, Servicing Operative, Forklift Licence, Driver, Warehouse Driver will also be considered for this role.